Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with JR 8103...Trim Offset

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 11:33 PM
ctatham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with JR 8103...Trim Offset

Just got my new radio. Can't find the trim offset function while in function mode. I scroll through the options as listed in the manual and it is just not there. What am I missing? I am in aircraft mode.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:57 PM
Phil Cole

Is this the digital trim model?

Are you looking for trim offsets in different flight modes?

If so, all you need do is switch modes and adjust trim using the trim switches.

The radio remembers the trim settings for each flight mode for each model separately. After you have all the trims set up, just switch modes and the trim setting is recalled and applied.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:16 AM
ctatham

Default 8103

It is the DT version.

I am referring to the function that is called trim offset. It is billed in the manual as a way to save the trim offsets after a flight to memory so you can center the trims again. When I scroll through the menu it is just not there.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:06 AM
Crash_N_Burn

Again, I am by no means an expert, in fact I am just now struggling with my new 8103.....

....But, the best I can tell is that it stores them automatically. They put an addendum in my manual stating such.

They are stored with the plane you select. If you have, or start, with another, they are at zero.

Go to 'monitor' and then hit 'select' and it will show you the trim on all surfaces (it is "hidden" one sub-menu under the "monitor screen").

At first I found the programming awkward, at best.....now I just find it awkward.

Any other experts that can give us a "push".....

-dave-
Old 04-24-2002, 01:41 AM
Phil Cole

I remember from helping others with DTs that I was confused until I realised that the manual is for the old version. Having slider trims, it (the old 8103) needed a way to store trim offsets since it didn't have little electric motors to restore the trims when you select a new model

There are quite a few changes in the DT, and it really needs a complete new manual.

With digital trims, you just beep them until you have them the way you want, then forget about them. Every time you use that model again, either by changing models from the menu, or just using the model that comes up when you switch on, the trims are restored to values you left in there last time.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:44 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

There is no more trim offsets. JR had an addendum with the 8103 manual telling this. The trim offsets were originally there so you could re-center an analog trim lever. With digital trims once you set them, the programming is locked in and there is no need for a trim offset.