Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

radio help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 07:53 AM
mark e o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio help

hi

mark here, i am totally new to the hobby and have aquired a large amount of used equipment for a small sum of money, in this package one of the two radios is an expert 7 channel on ch 40 @72.590 mhz known to me when i bought this stuff the airilon channel is quit eradtic on tis radio, now my question to you all, is this radio worth fixing and if not are the servos and batt pack compatible with other rx"s or is rf mod compatible with other tx"s

any info or comments would be greatly appreicated

thanks

mark
Old 09-20-2003, 10:38 AM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: radio help

Hi Mark:

I'm not familiar with the radio, but would like to offer a suggestion or two about the servos and battery pack.

First, as to the battery pack, I recommend buying new batteries anytime you purchase a used radio. This is so you can know for sure how old the battery pack is...Of course, if I have cycled the batteries and know how much capacity they have, I might not buy a new pack right away.

As to whether the pack and the servos are usable with another radio, the connector wiring will be one of the primary determining factors.

There should be three pins on the connectors for the servos and two on the battery connector. If I were in your shoes and were needing to know for sure, I'd take the servos and battery pack down to your local hobby shop and look at the connectors for the servos that come with the newer radio system you are considering. If the connectors are the same and are wired the same, they are likely usable.

That being said, I am not an expert at all on older gear, and have no idea which connectors they used.

The other thing to try is to go to the academy of model aeronautics web page where you might be able find a club in your area that you can visit, and ask one of the members at that club field to help you assess your radio gear. That way, you have formed the beginnings of a relationship with someone who can help you get into the air.

Hope this helps,

Sean