Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Servo gone bad

Old 09-10-2003, 06:51 PM
jjamesrb
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Servo gone bad

How can you tell if a servo is going bad.I have 2 Hitec 645's on the elevators and one moves quit a bit faster than the other one and they don't stay working together at all.I tried switching the wiring around(have them on 2 different channels)and got the same results,could this mean that the slow one is going bad?
Old 09-10-2003, 07:30 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Hitec Servo gone bad

Try them one way (first one on Ch 2 or wherever, second one on 5 or wherever) and note the activity...

Then, reverse them and see if the problem moves. If yes, its the servo. If not, its the radio config.

good luck!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:44 PM
jjamesrb
My Feedback: (39)

I tried reversing them and got the same response.I went to futabas site and they said that sometimes there will be a lag time between servos that are mixed especially the elevators,and you shouldn't notice the lag time in the air(well i'm not going to chance it!)to correct it you can get a y harness with a reverser for one servo and run it on one channel and that will take care of it.Sounds like thats what i'm going to do.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:16 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Which radio do you use? I use separate channels for two elevator servos, using my 8U, and it operates correctly.

To give you a bit more info, what you say will definitely work on the elevator. On the ailerons, using separate channels give you an extra benefit, and that is the ability to use spoilerons and flaperons.

So, a y harness with a reverser won't work in the case where you want flaperons or spoilerons.

Sean
Old 09-11-2003, 06:30 PM
the troll
Banned

My guess is the servo is/going bad. had the same prob
Old 09-19-2003, 04:45 PM
KAD

I had the same problem with a JR 8000 series Tx and Rx with dual servos and two output channels, on the elevators. I changed servos around (left to right) and the problem remained with the channel. My analysis was that the problem was with the Rx. I e-mailed Horizon and they e-mailed me back a three page set of instructions on how to correct the problem with the Tx program. Included were other set up instructions that were much more informative than the original manual.