Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba S3010 stuck at full left.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:39 AM
caddydaddy472

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba S3010 stuck at full left.

Ihave a Futaba S3010 as the steering servo on my mono hull. Ihit some waves and flipped the boat, and when Igot it back ashore, the rudder was at full left. There was a bit of water in the radio box, and after letting it dry for 2 days, Ipowered it up and the rudder servo went back to full left and won't respond to any controls from the transmitter.
The throttle servo works just fine. Iwas reading a few things herethat mentioned when the servos do go full to one side and won't move, they are toast?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba S3010 stuck at full left.

I think so, try it on a different RX to make sure.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:10 AM
warbird72
My Feedback: (79)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it has. Striped gear!! Other than that switch your throttle servo to the steering and make sure that it works from the receiver. If that Dorset work than tear it apart soak It with rubbing alcohol. Use compressed air and dryit real good. Let it set open for a day or two. If that doesn't fix it it is toast!!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: caddydaddy472 Ihave a Futaba S3010 as the steering servo on my mono hull. Ihit some waves and flipped the boat, and when Igot it back ashore, the rudder was at full left. There was a bit of water in the radio box, and after letting it dry for 2 days, Ipowered it up and the rudder servo went back to full left and won't respond to any controls from the transmitter. The throttle servo works just fine. Iwas reading a few things herethat mentioned when the servos do go full to one side and won't move, they are toast?
Salt water or fresh water?
If salt water and there is a greenish slime on the servo board, buy a new servo.
If fresh water then as in post #3, and read the following
. Servo - How to Diagnose Servo Failures & Repair Servo

Much more information available under sub sections
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:02 PM
caddydaddy472

While Iwas testing it to figure out what was wrong, I didn't realize it was stalled and smoke started pouring out of it! So, it fried. Ipurchased a new one at the hobby shop and got my boat back together.
Thanks for all your help and the links to more info.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:04 AM
warbird72

Boat!! Bust out another thousand!! At least that is what we say here in md. We work on the big stuff. I wish all boats were as easy as Rc's.. Sorry to hear you fried it. Is the case in real good shape? If so pm me unless you are going to use it for parts. Thanks Ernie...
Old 04-26-2013, 02:03 PM
caddydaddy472

ORIGINAL: warbird72

Boat!! Bust out another thousand!! At least that is what we say here in md. We work on the big stuff. I wish all boats were as easy as Rc's.. Sorry to hear you fried it. Is the case in real good shape? If so pm me unless you are going to use it for parts. Thanks Ernie...
I'm just glad the new servo was only $23 and not a $1,000 like any part on a real boat would be! Iused to fly R/C planes and crashing a boat is MUCH cheaper than crashing a plane. So I'll take the $23 damage hit! haha
The case is fine, just a smallburn mark on the bottom from the board getting too hot. This was only the 4th run of the boat.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Texastbird

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ervo&search=Go
How about a waterproof servo next time? I don't know much about boats but one might keep you on the water more.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:07 AM
caddydaddy472

ORIGINAL: Texastbird

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ervo&search=Go
How about a waterproof servo next time? I don't know much about boats but one might keep you on the water more.
That's a good idea. This one from Traxxas looks like it'd work fine: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTKL0&P=ML
I'm trying a different radio box tape for now to see if that works better. The stuff I was using, I wasn't too impressed with.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 AM
warbird72

Hey send me a pic of your boat. Would like to see it.. If you don't mind.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 PM
caddydaddy472

ORIGINAL: warbird72

Hey send me a pic of your boat. Would like to see it.. If you don't mind.
Here you go!

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

This boat was given to me last year by a guy who bought the hull, engineand almost all the parts for it in 1987, but never got around to building it! Ithink I did pretty good for my first R/C boat build! He was very impressed to see it built and running, so it was great for me to let him see it finally run!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:40 PM
warbird72

Wow!!! Awesome looking boat rite there!! I would love to see it run myself!! I have the k@b nip cooling head rite here in my shop.. And a few other k@b parts as well..