Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Is Hitec Jr compatable on modules?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 AM
chevy43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Hitec Jr compatable on modules?

Looking for 2.4mhz module for my Optic 6. Hobyking has one that says Jr compatable radios. Is Hitec JR compatable?

How many styles of 2.4 mhz are there?

DSM2, FHSS etc?

Are any of the styles of 2.4 compatable?

My head is spining......

I just stayed away from 2.4mhz before because of the cost of all new recievers but now they are cheap and light.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is Hitec Jr compatable on modules?

ORIGINAL: chevy43
Looking for 2.4mhz module for my Optic 6.
Hobyking has one that says Jr compatable radios. Is Hitec JR compatable?
How many styles of 2.4 mhz are there? DSM2, FHSS etc?
My head is spining......
I just stayed away from 2.4mhz before because of the cost of all
new recievers but now they are cheap and light.
Regarding different systems, please refer:
. 2.4 Ghz - Spektrum vs JR vs FHSS vs DSSS - Solutions & Future
JR compatible modules only fit JR, Spektrum and others stated to have same size Soocket,
Pin Location and Pin allocation.
Hitec and Futaba are compatible except some of the older Futaba have larger sockets and
2.4 Ghz modules do not fit them.
More under sub section:
"Transmitter - Modules: FAQ, Pinouts and DIY Service
below
"Buddy Boxes, Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

.Optic 6 is best with the Hitec 2.4GHz system, refer:
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ
for which there are now cheap aftermarket receivers beside the range of Hitec units.

Alan T.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:33 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chevy43

Looking for 2.4mhz module for my Optic 6. Hobyking has one that says Jr compatable radios. Is Hitec JR compatable?

How many styles of 2.4 mhz are there?

DSM2, FHSS etc?

My head is spining......

I just stayed away from 2.4mhz before because of the cost of all new recievers but now they are cheap and light.

There are not that many Modular transmitters available. I have a JR XP9303. Originally it was a 72Mhz transmitter, but when Spektrum came out with the DM9 (Spektrum DSM2), I bought one. There is no DSMX Module for that transmitter. I have used this Module since 2007. Never an issue. JR had a 12XMV that was modular. The Spektrum Module supported DSMX. It is not available, now. JR has a new 11X Zero transmitter that is Modular. You can use JR's new DMSS protocol or Spektrum's DSMX. I do not know if it supports any other manufacturer's Modules. JR's latest line of XG transmitters uses the DMSS protocol. This is not compatible with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX.

The Hitec Aurora 9 is a Modular transmitter.

Every manufacturer has it's own 2.4 protocol. They are each proprietary, so, for example, a transmitter running DMSS can only communicate with a receiver running DMSS. Futaba has several 2.4 protocols (FASST, FASSEST, FHSS, etc.) and not all of their transmitters support all of their protocols. Spektrum has DSM2 and DSMX. A DSM2 transmitter can talk to a DSMX receiver, in DSM2 mode and a DSMX transmitter can talk to a DSM2 receiver in DSM2 mode. Any Spektrum transmitter will work with any Spektrum receiver whether it is DSM2 or DSMX.

If a transmitter is not Modular, there are some Hacks that allow you to install other manufacturer's 2.4 systems in your transmitter.

Great Planes cam out with a protocol called SLT. It is used by it's Tactic line of transmitters and receivers. There is an Anylink module that connects to the Trainer Port on transmitters from a number of different manufacturers. This allows the transmitter to transmit in SLT and talk to Tactic receivers.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM
chevy43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I should just wait another 5 years for some standardization!

Either I have to wait or run a big chance of picking a system protocall that is becoming more and more obsolete.

I really liked the light - cheap Lemmon recievers I read about that are DSM2 so that is what I was going for I guess....