Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

throttle servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 02:25 PM
blowentw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle servo problem

I have a friend has a problem with his throttle servo. He doesn't say specifically which servo he was using for the throttle, but maybe someone has run across this before. Here is his message. Thanks for the help,

Barry

I wanted to ask you about a problem I have with servos. Two throttle servers in my quickie stopped working. It was on the first flight in 16 months for the JR radio. I was using Hitec receiver and servos. The motor wouldn't respond. After running out of fuel I found that the throttle cable had pulled out because the server had gone past the end point and pulled the cable out. It also striped some gears. I thought it was a servo problem. The second servo did the same thing on the first flight. I don't think that the gears on the second are striped, but when I turn the radio on the servo starts to travel without moving the stick. I got way past the end point for normal travel.

Do you have any idea why? could it be vibration? It's the same setup I used before and it worked fine. could it be the receiver?
Old 10-09-2003, 07:29 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: throttle servo problem

I haven't had this problem, but I used to know someone who did. The engine was in fact the cause due to vibration. Once he got rid of the vibration, the problem never happened again.

John

Old 10-10-2003, 08:27 AM
blowentw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: throttle servo problem

Thanks, John. I was wondering how that might affect the pot in the servo, but was a little curious that they would both go so quickly (first flight). Maybe a more robust servo? I will also ask him about the radio - whether it is programmable or not, and the end point adjustment.

Thanks again,

Barry