Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

transmitter ?s

Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 AM
41luscombe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter ?s

Hi I have just bought a futaba t6xa radio it has been converted to the 2.4gzh by the dymond conversion I am wondering if this is a good reliable conversion? Everybody I have asked has never heard of dymond. I was also looking at turnigy 9ch transmitter which is inexpensive and the recievers for it are less than $10 as opposed to the dymond which are about $40. I am just starting out i have a phoenix 2000 glider and just bought a dynam waco ymf. Any comments and opinions are appreciated.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: transmitter ?s

Welcome!

I hadn't heard of dymond before today.
range check it thoroughly on the ground.... other than that I can't give you much advice on this part.

my advice which probably isn't what you want to hear....
Find an experienced pilot to help you learn... and... find a plane that is a good quality trainer. Its much harder to learn on your own ( you'll go through more planes that way ) and its much harder to learn on a plane that isn't a trainer. Fully aerobatic gliders and biplanes would make good 2nd and 3rd planes.

I'm telling you this now b/c we want you in the hobby and we want you to enjoy the hobby.... Nothing more frustrating than spending the money for radios and planes only to crash the first time out.

Good luck!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Warjet
My Feedback: (327)

Dymond Modelsport has been around for at least 25 years, if not longer. They are in North Carolina, just bought some stuff from them. Call them and you'll probably get answers to your questions.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 PM
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)

I, to, have heard of Dymond many times over the years. You mentioned an inexpensive radio and cheap receivers. I really believe you get what you pay for in electronics. Of course, like any other industry, there are companies that can command a higher price because of their name. For the most part, they've earned it.

My point is, don't trust your pride and joy to cheap electronics. Trying to get just 1 more year out of a $20 rx pack or buying a cheap transmitter just doesn't add up in my opinion. Companies like Futaba offer really good prices on radios if you don't need all the bells and whistles. Happy Flying