Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum Telemetry Playback

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:36 PM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Telemetry Playback

Does anyone know if you can play back Spektrum telemetry on a PC? is there HH software to download to see what you can record on your SD card?

thanks!

Old 05-28-2013, 05:35 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Telemetry Playback

We use the software from www.robo-software.com to analyze stuff.

Andy
Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
JoeEagle

thanks Andy!

i'll try running it tomorrow-i saved some data and dont know if there is anything there. if i get stuck, can i send a file to you to see if you can view it?

thanks

Joe
Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
AndyKunz

Send it to the program's author, not me.

Andy
Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 AM
JoeEagle

Roger that.
i see some data but i dont understand why the spektrum TX didnt record more info.

how big of a SD do you normally use for a flight?

i am running the GPS, G-force and JetCat modules. i had the original 1GB SD that came with the DX18-QQ

thanks for your help.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Aerocal

Is all the data you are expecting being displayed on the Tx screen? Each parameter must be selected in the Telemetry menu to be processed into the data stream going into the card. 1gig is more than a big enough card. A jet flight probably isnt more than 500k. Even a file with multiple flights is getting fairly large at 1mb .
If you can .zip the file and attach it here Ill have a look and see.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:52 PM
JoeEagle

here you go

its only a few seconds of data.

talke a look at the EGT on the motor-its absurdly high. also on one of the mini files the fades on one channel (L) of the RX is a number that looks more like a SW register/stack number (11520) than the acutal number of fades on one RX.

i appreciate your interest in taking a look at this.

thanks!

hmmm... just tried to upload it and it wouldnt take. i'll try emailing direct
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 AM
AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: JoeEagle

Roger that.
i see some data but i dont understand why the spektrum TX didnt record more info.
Three reasons come to mind:

1) The switch to turn on logging was not set "correctly" for your flight. If you are using the throttle, make sure you don't throttle below that position while you're flying. Using the gear as a switch makes sense - you have logging all the while the gear is up, but once you drop them it stops. You'll be landing soon anyway.

2) The telemetry antenna is not positioned well to "see" the transmitter

3) You were flying farther away than the telemetry would work well. (Telemetry range is significantly less than control range).

how big of a SD do you normally use for a flight?

i am running the GPS, G-force and JetCat modules. i had the original 1GB SD that came with the DX18-QQ
I have a 4 gig card, but I usually only have about 1 meg in a telemetry file, and that's a really long flight.

Each parameter must be selected in the Telemetry menu to be processed into the data stream going into the card.
No. The logging system records every record as it comes off the air verbatim. You could have sensors turned off for display, or "home brew" sensors (a few are out there), and record their data just fine.

RCGroups allows posting of TLM and SPM files, but RCU isn't there yet.

Andy
Old 06-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Aerocal

here you go

its only a few seconds of data.

talke a look at the EGT on the motor-its absurdly high. also on one of the mini files the fades on one channel (L) of the RX is a number that looks more like a SW register/stack number (11520) than the acutal number of fades on one RX.

i appreciate your interest in taking a look at this.

thanks!

hmmm... just tried to upload it and it wouldnt take. i'll try emailing direct
Yeah you cant directly attach a .tlm file. The easiest way to deal with that is to .zip it and then attach.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 PM
JoeEagle

Andy

i had the telemetry record set to the "I" switch on my DX18-which is also the timer.

we were looking at the telemetry while on the ground (timer still on) and we were seeing it on the screen but it was not recorded.

does anyone know why the Spektrum doesnt use a current date when saving a file? when i save a model or this telemetry file, it is always the same date in 2010. what's up with that?? seems weird and certainly not very helpful for Configuration Management.

i'll try a dry run in the shop tomorrow and see what i see

Old 06-15-2013, 10:48 AM
AndyKunz

Andy

i had the telemetry record set to the ''I'' switch on my DX18-which is also the timer.

we were looking at the telemetry while on the ground (timer still on) and we were seeing it on the screen but it was not recorded.
Recording will only happen as long as I is depressed. Use a toggle instead.

does anyone know why the Spektrum doesnt use a current date when saving a file? when i save a model or this telemetry file, it is always the same date in 2010. what's up with that?? seems weird and certainly not very helpful for Configuration Management
The radio does not include a real-time clock, so it has no concept of date and time. When you have GPS installed, it will show time-of-day but does not use that for the file timestamp.

The timestamp that is used tells radio type and AirWare code version, which can help us with bug fixes.

Andy
Old 06-15-2013, 11:11 AM
JoeEagle

ahhh....the "I" button thing makes total sense now...don't know why i didnt think of that!

will try it tomorrow when we go flying.

Thanks Andy.