Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba - to - JR

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:17 AM
lamyap
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba - to - JR

Just out of curiousity, I've notice quite a few guys/gals will switch from Futaba to JR but very, very few will go the other way - why?????? - and it doesn't matter what model. A person spends $800 and up on a top of the line futaba but shortly thereafter, its up for sale - and the killer is, the last statement they'll give is - "I'm upgrading". Other question, if you're upgrading, why go to a different mfg when you can stay with same mfg and upgrade from there line. It just strikes me as being - "HUMMMMMMMMMMM"
Is there something that JR offers that Futaba doesn't - Steve
Old 09-22-2003, 01:01 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba - to - JR

I guess you're seeing something I'm not. What I HAVE seen is a lot of heli guys going the other way; me included.

If your post is a legitimate request for information, as opposed to a troll, then the answer to your question is "No."

Both firms make good equipment, most of which is comparable. There are a few areas, such as gyros, that JR isn't even close to Futaba in. But such areas are few.

If you are really that interested, do a search for the numerous "10X vs 9Z" threads, and count the number of who prefers what.

Steve
Old 09-22-2003, 01:39 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: steven criss
!QUOT!HUMMMMMMMMMMM!QUOT! Is there something that JR offers that Futaba doesn't - Steve

Yes, a 10 channel radio

Seriously though, Steve Campbell stated it well. Both manufacturers make excellent top of the line radios, and it really comes down to personal preferences. I switched from a 9Z to a 10X. However, I am getting ready to switch back to Futaba when/if the 12 channel radio comes out. Everyone has something that is a top priority to them personally, and will get the radio that meets their requirements. For me, it happens to be the maximum number of channels. Its realy easy to burn up channels with a jet, or even with the larger aerobatic airplanes.

The funniest (in a morbid kind of way) is to watch someone flying Futaba and have a problem, then swear off Futaba and switch over to JR. Sometime later, you see someone have a problem with JR, swear off JR equipment, and switch over to Futaba. I always wonder what they will get next when they have a problem with their new radios

You can't go wrong with either manufacturer, as they are both top quality.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:37 PM
lamyap
My Feedback: (67)

Not looking for info in terms of making a decision on which to buy, just an observation that just struck a funny bone. I agree completely that both mfgs are excellent in their products and Steve you're are absolutely correct in whats works for an individual. BUT to be competitive and have somewhat of an edge, one mfg has to have/offer something the other doesn't, as least for a brief moment - Just trolling guys, just trolling - ONE IS JUST AS GOOD AS THE OTHER. Oh and BTW, I only fly Futaba - hate JR (joke)! ! ! ! ! ! !
Old 09-22-2003, 05:20 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

They leap-frog each other, but not by much. It comes down to product cycles, in part. Look at the mid-range 8+ channel systems. The 8U was a great radio, but the 8103 was a better radio. Now the 9C has some advantage over the 8103. When the 9X reaches the US I'd expect it to have some advantage over the 9C.

I'd like to see more than just JR and Futaba leap-frogging each other. Airtronics used to be a brand with competitive products, but with certain exceptions I don't believe that to be the case anymore. Their marketing is absolutely awful. I could do better, and I'm hardly a marketing guy. Hitec seems to be gaining on JR/Futaba, but they've got a long ways to go. I think their purchase of Multiplex will help, but it'll be a while (if ever) before we see them in the same category as JR/Futaba.

As for why people pick one over the other... no idea. I've driven Fords, and I've also driven GM products.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Steve Campbell2

<<..a 10 channel radio...>>

Touche'!

Steve