Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

OT: heli contest software beta testers needed

Old 04-24-2002, 10:16 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: heli contest software beta testers needed

hi all! I asked and asked and asked around for contest scoring software for our heli event next month. No one came up with anything, and everyone said Excel "can't possibly do what you need", so of course I took that as a challenge.

Over the pat week and a half i've created an excel spreadsheet (with macros of course) which takes the pilots raw data, sorts them into classes, creates the flight order for the flightlines, handles up to 8 rounds of data per pilot, creates class standings at any time during the data entry, checks for missing and duplicate round/judge scores, and at hte end of the day gives each pilot a printout of all of his scores for all of his manuevers with an average score per manuever. lastly, it allows changing the maneuvers for different years, assuming the # of maneuvers per sequence does not change. It also supports up to 100 pilots per class, follows the rules on tie breaking, knows the difference between rounds A and B of FAI, etc. Everything i could find in the rules or think of from running other contests is in the mix!

I'm looking for folks to play with it to "try to break it", to see if we can find any problems i missed in all my debug time so i'm sure it runs fine for our contest. of course, i'm also offering it to anyone who'd like it to use for their own events.

If you'd like to give it a shot, please just email me and I'll send it your way (i'm out of town starting 10;30am on friday through monday, so it may be a day or three before you get it.)

send email to

[email protected]

with "heli contest software please" in the subject of the email and "for annmarie" in the body. the emails will be set aside for me to get to when i get back, or if i can figure out how to get my buddy, Auto Responder, to consistently send files as attachments without failures, then you'll get it sooner courtesy of Auto.

Hope to get lots of useful feedback!
AMC
Old 05-09-2002, 04:07 PM
amcross

Updated copy now available if you'd like it please just email us:

[email protected]

with

"contest software please" in the body of the message, and "for amc" on subject.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:59 PM
jeanv

Hi,

I have tried to send mail, but i do not think it is working. Your auto responder does not like me...

can you mail me this software direct?

thx
Jean
Old 05-27-2003, 03:01 PM
amcross

sorry Jean this is likely no longer available since i no longer work there.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:06 PM
jeanv

Default Heli Software

Hi Annmarie,

Is there any other way I can get hold of this, or do you know of something else?

thanks
Jean
Old 05-27-2003, 04:13 PM
amcross

Jean,
I just emailed it to you. also there are other, better programs available out there, you'll just have to find the right heli folks to help you. try posting in the heli forums.