Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 921 Rx Real or China Fake

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR 921 Rx Real or China Fake

I have been looking at buying a new JR 921 DSM2 2.4 Ghz Rx. The red ones are originals but I see others in a black case but still say "Made in Japan"
I have heard the black case 921's are a Chinese copy. How can you tell if they are a copy for sure. I know I can buy a Spektrum Rx but I like the JR 921's in DSM2 configuration. I DO know Jr made the DSMX in a black case but there are some of the DSM2's in black floating around the net for sale. I just want to be safe before making a purchase.

Please refrain from posting comments comparing JR to other radio types. That is not my reason for asking my question.

SPEEDY G
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 921 Rx Real or China Fake

I have a JR 921 receiver with remote receiver that came with my 9503 transmitter that I bought about a year and a half ago and it has a black case. On the back it states that it was manufactured in Malaysia. I would guess that it is original and not a knock-off.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: JR 921 Rx Real or China Fake

I've not seen anything on the forums I visit indicating the presence of fake R-921 rx's. As stated, the originals were red cases but JR changed 'em over to black about a year after the initial release, so the fact that it has a black case just means it's newer than a red case version.