Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

7UAP TX module to be used on 9ZAP

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 12:07 AM
heliopilot32137
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7UAP TX module to be used on 9ZAP

Is it possible to use my TX module that came with my Futaba 7UAP in my Futaba 9ZAP as long as the frequencies are both on CH 50?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:47 AM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 7UAP TX module to be used on 9ZAP

I currently use the TX module that came with my 7UHAS on my 9ZHP. It is highly discouraged by Futaba though so do it at your own risk. I was told that the 9Z are noisier and run hotter than the 7UHXX series and the FK modules are better designed to handle the stress.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 7UAP TX module to be used on 9ZAP

The Futaba 9Z transmitter uses the TK transmitter module. The 7U, 8U, and 9C series transmitters us the TP modules. The TP module is not designed at all to work with the 9Z transmitter, and is not certified for use with the 9Z transmitter, which makes it illegal to use a TP module in the 9Z.

You CAN use a TK module in the 7U, 8U, and 9C transmitters with no problems, though.

If you use a TP module in your 9Z transmitter, its life will be limited, and the warranty won't apply. Sorry.