RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio interference/ power

Old 09-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Didier

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Radio interference/ power

I am working in a airplane hanger and I wanted to fly indoor on my lunchbreak.
The problem is that I don't get permission because they are affraid my radio give interference or the power is to strong that there is a potential ignition hazzard.
Only if i can prove that it is save I get permission to fly.

Does anybody know if there is technical data or something different that I can show?
Old 09-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Lynx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Radio interference/ power

Ignition hazard? That doesn't sound good =\ What kind of environment is it? The radio interference problem may or may not be an issue it depends too much on what's in the area, the only way to find out if it will be a problem is to try it. The main thing you have to prove is if you fly the plane full speed into a gas tank or something else flamable that it won't ignite it, and that depends on your plane, which you didn't supply any information on.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Didier,

Get in contact with the distributor and ask for a copy of CE paperwork. I am assuming that the kit is CE marked and tested to the latest EN Type Approval and EMC Directives.

Do they allow kettles / toasters / radios in the workplace ? If so, then they too should be Type Tested and EMC tested. If that is the case, then there is no reason why they wont allow you to use your R/C gear
Old 09-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Lynx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Kettles toasters and radio's can't fly 30 miles an hour => Worst possible case scenario, plane crashes into gas tank, causes an electric spark and explodes =P In that kind of case I think you should think about it along the lines of would you feel comfortable tossing a hammer that weighs the same amount as your plane at every object in your immediate area. If you're not confident that wouldn't cause something to blow up or cause a problem don't fly.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:57 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The problem is that I don't get permission because they are affraid my radio give interference or the power is to strong that there is a potential ignition hazzard.
Only if i can prove that it is save I get permission to fly.
THAT is the argument, NOT whether the tanker is built to ISO standards to withstand an impact !