Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Problem with EPA and aribrakes in T9CP

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 07:14 AM
toroac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with EPA and aribrakes in T9CP

I've recently bought a new Futaba 9CP System.

I'm trying to configure my first airplane on it. It's an airplane with two wing servos (one for each aileron) and no flap servo at all, so i chose GLID1FLP mode for it.

First of all i proceeded to configure the EPA of all servos, so that no mechanical stress occurs to any of them.

Then i programmed the flaperon function for the wing.

And next i programed the butterfly function to use it as an airbrake.

The problem i have is that when i fully deflect the buterfly mix (airbrake), if i need to use the ailerons to make a turn, one of the servos tries to go beyond the EPA previously adjusted, so that it suffers mechanical stress. I had the idea that, once the EPA is defined for a particular servo, that servo will never - and under no circunstances - try to go beyond that point, whatever the mix or function i program to it. In this particular case, i was expecting that, for example if the airbrake is fully deflected and i move the stick to turn left, the left aileron would not move (as it is already at it's uppermost point, according to EPA) and the right aileron would move down, as it has margin to do so.

Can you please tell me what am i doing wrong? [sm=drowning.gif]
Thanks very much in advance

Best Regards

Manuel Campos
Old 09-22-2003, 08:40 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Problem with EPA and aribrakes in T9CP

Hi, Manuel,
The 9C doesnot have "limiting end points" which is what you are expecting. that is a very complex, high end feature offered only on the 9z and a handful of other very high end radios.

you will need to adjust your setup so that full aileron does not over-deflect your servos.

is this model a glider? if not, acro programming may be an easier setup for you.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:27 PM
toroac

Hi, Manuel,
The 9C doesnot have "limiting end points" which is what you are expecting. that is a very complex, high end feature offered only on the 9z and a handful of other very high end radios.

you will need to adjust your setup so that full aileron does not over-deflect your servos.

is this model a glider? if not, acro programming may be an easier setup for you.

Thanks very much for your answer

Yes it is a F5B glider (with electric motor): 2,20 meter wingspan, 2 aileron servos (one for each), one elevator servo, and neither flaps nor rudder. Anyway i was expecting to use this transmitter to control another 2,40 meter slope soaring sailplane with 2 aileron servos, 2 flap servos, 1 rudder servo and 1 elevator servo.
That's why i chose GLID1FLP. Anyway do you think there would have been any difference if i had chosen ACRO?

Another thing is that if EPA function does not work as i expected, then i am a little bit confused [sm=confused.gif] about the similarities and differences between "limiting end points" and EPA, i mean what should i expect from EPA, when to use it, and it's real utility, because up to now i'd thought they were the same thing. Could you please explain me the difference?

Thanks very much in advance
Best Regards

Manuel Campos
Old 09-24-2003, 04:28 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Another thing is that if EPA function does not work as i expected, then i am a little bit confused about the similarities and differences between "limiting end points" and EPA, i mean what should i expect from EPA, when to use it, and it's real utility, because up to now i'd thought they were the same thing. Could you please explain me the difference?

9C doesnt have "limiting EPA" which is what you were expecting. only 9Z offers this VERY high end very complex feature. Its a LOT to ask the radio to do, and 9C doesn't do it. neither does about any other radio out there that i'm aware of.

Think of end point as the lazy man's way to finely-adjust linkages. Adjusting your linkages doesnt mean you cant do a setup in your radio that then goes past your normal travel you set when just giving full aileron stick.

EPA is used to get a basic setup on your servos travel. It is also used so that, for example, you decide you have too much overall travel, and you want everthing to decrease a certain amount....dual rates, exponential, mixes, everthing is based upon your EPA.

Just as if you corrected it mechaniicaly, it is up to YOU as the user to still pay attention to your other setups and be aware if you've created something that is going to over-run your end points that you make appropriate corrections in your setups to resolve this.

Hope this helps,
AnnMarie