Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

the perfect reciever? FMA Direct FS5A?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 09:43 PM
Eindecker_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the perfect reciever? FMA Direct FS5A?

I just read an ad for the FMA Direct reciever, FS5A. This reciever, when coupled with their Co-Pilot system, claims to be able to put the aircraft into a stable preset flight pattern when interference occurs. This would prevent shoot-downs if it worked.

This reciever also has a "frequency-clear" checking feature to verify if the frequency is clear prior to turning your transmitter on.

Does this sound too good to be true? Does anyone know if it is reliable? Please share your experience with this system if you've used it before. It sounds like the holy grail of recievers.

thanks!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: the perfect reciever? FMA Direct FS5A?

I have not had the pleasure of trying this particular receiver yet. However, I have several other FMA recievers, some on 6 meteres and some on 72 MHZ and all have given superb performance. I especially like the little FM5 for the small stuff.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:40 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: the perfect reciever? FMA Direct FS5A?

I just hope they make one with more than 5 channels.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:47 PM
The PIPE

Default I'd bet FMA has one in the works...maybe an EIGHT channel one!

Dear Eindecker_Pilot and Fellow RCU'ers:

The PIPE Here again...and I wouldn't doubt for a MINUTE that Fred and Tim (Marks) are very likely working on an EIGHT channel version of this potentially VERY nice receiver!

Well, there ARE the nicely TINY eight channel Quantum units...and I'd bet Fred and Tim have VERY LIKELY been working on an EIGHT channel verison of the FS5 receiver!

I'll keep an eye peeled at the 2004 WRAMS Show for one of these...and at FMA's website as well in the coming months!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Eindecker_pilot

Default RE: I'd bet FMA has one in the works...maybe an EIGHT channel one!

Thanks PIPE. Let us know what you discover.