Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Converting Sportwerks Reaction to 2.4 Ghz

Old 07-26-2013, 08:41 AM
thefritch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting Sportwerks Reaction to 2.4 Ghz

Was given a SportWerks Raction by a friend some time ago. My son saw it on the shelf in the garage and we have been working on it fervently for the last few months. Luckily found a parts supplier on ebay and about $30 later we have a rebuilt engine, new tires, cap screws, new battery, new exhaust, blah bah blah. I know this little truck doesn't get many good review but we have had a last with it thus far.

Most recently, we had an issue with the factory on/off switch. It worked intermittently and we would lose control of the car halfway through a run. It would always crap-out on us at full throttle and send the car flying uncontrollably toward disaster. Got a new switch from radio shack and soldered it in. Worked perfectly for a few runs. Took the truck out yesterday and it's dead.

Made certain the battery was charged, took the truclk back apart and checked every wire as well as the circuit board. Found nothing. Unsoldered the wires on the new switch and completed the circuit by touching them together and still got nothing. I have no power for some reason and I beleive the circuit board is the culprit. Anyway, my question is, what would it take to covert this thing over to 2.4 Ghz? It has 5 channels I believe. 1. Steering 2. Throttle/Brake 3. Glow plug heater 4. Starter 5. Reverse. The glow plug heater and starter may be on one channel, I'm not sure. Nonetheless, I have searched google and many other forums to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I know anything is possible, but how much work would it be to convert it over to 2.4 Ghz and manually heat the glow plug or creat a channel specifically for that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:14 PM
thefritch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Converting Sportwerks Reaction to 2.4 Ghz

Thanks for all the help everyone! Great Forums!!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:44 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Converting Sportwerks Reaction to 2.4 Ghz

Not too fair that the site has been off much of that time. I dont know what the truck is but there are car areas here that would be a better place to ask. You could do all that stuff dont know if it would be worth it which is the question.