Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Aloft Hobbies and FrSky......Be careful dealing with these people! (RESOLVED)

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aloft Hobbies and FrSky......Be careful dealing with these people! (RESOLVED)

Old 06-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so upset with them I just ordered two more receivers from them to see if they screw it up GOOD FOLKS AND GREAT PRICES!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:12 AM
fjjdfjsfhu

To everyone who subscribes to this Thread,
Old 06-19-2014, 06:33 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote that this thread be deleted. It isn't fair!! A very satisfied customer.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:11 AM
jfuller
My Feedback: (8)

Sid is right. Individuals can do enormous damage to others by postings that don't include all the facts. The postings are never corrected even though the poster realizes his error. Any such posting should require moderator approval. The moderator should require all information before approving defamatory postings. That would require some effort by a moderator, but rcuniverse is a for profit corporation not a free service. They should share some responsibility for allowing wing nuts to post anything derogatory. After all, the vendors that pay rcuniverse are the people that are harmed. I was in business for 50 years before retiring. After a very short time you realize that some people would no be appeased by anything short of you committing suicide. And that when you didn't do anything wrong to begin with.
jamesF
Old 06-19-2014, 09:43 AM
aeajr

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Moderators do not verify information. Not part of the job. We are not judge or Jury.

As a moderator, if I happen to personally know that information is incorrect I will try to get it fixed, but in this case there is no way to verify. This is one person's report about a bad experience. Who am I to say this is not true or that it did not happen just as reported.

Attacks on individuals are not permitted. However, as much as I hate to admit it, this was an individual who felt he had been wronged and was reporting it for the good of the community. I believe his intentions were good. The fact that the rest of us have had super positive experiences with Aloft Hobbies does not change that.

In fact, based on what I have read in the thread, if he had not posted that here his problem might not have been resolved, despite what appears to be best effort and intentions on the part of the supplier.

What is sad is that, once these things are resolved people feel no obligation to report it leaving a long term scar on the reputation of the vendor. So it falls to us, the satisfied customers to come to their aid. We hopefully helped the original poster get his problem fixed and we have produced an outpouring of support for a vendor that we feel is exceptional.

Moderators are not investigators. It is up to the community to help balance the reports so that they come up on the side for the right reasons.

Last edited by aeajr; 06-19-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:23 PM
sidgates

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aeajr,
I agree in general with what you said. Unfortunately If all you read is the title to this thread you will have a very biased opnion of Aloft. I don't know the Aloft owner persoanlly but having been in the model hobby business many years ago I know how damaging a dispute with one customer can be and in a way I feel fortunate that the internet did not exist when I was in business.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Robr0924

I have purchased 4 Frsky receivers and the Taranis from Aloft. Great customer service. NO ISSUES with anything. Also, like Value hobby, bought 3 Frsky receivers no issues no complaints. I find Aloft Hobbies to be friendlier in our email correspondence. Both beat Hobby King any day.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:35 PM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

Wow! I have been dealing with aloft and have the frsky radio and 5 receivers , 15 servos and I have called more than my share of times and have never gotten off the phone without an answer.. Why would anyone post such a negative title then say just the opposite ?

i love me some aloft hobbies.. I have been in this hobby for most of 30 years and usually when you buy inexpensive.it is cheap junk and performs that way. I applaud aloft for bringing good affordable products to this already over priced hobby.

i still. Fly nitro, now if they can come up with some good inexpensive fuel!
Aloft keep up the good work!

Jeff
Old 09-29-2014, 02:39 AM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Originally Posted by Ron Kay
Aloft Hobbies, be careful dealing with these people!

I purchased several FrSky modules from Aloft, had a problem, sent the modules back for service per their request and that was the last time I saw my equipment! Have tried contacting them via email and phone and have never heard back! Several months have passed and they still have my equipment! Contacted FrSky and was told they will not get involved with this situation!

No Customer Support and NO EQUIPMENT!

Deal with know honorable dealers!

From this experience I've decided to stay with the major brands Hitec and JR from Horizon or Tower and pay the premium. At least I know I'll get quality service and support...
I have had great service from Aloft and the Taranus is the best radio out there. Just starting outfitting my jets / turbines with it. saying goodbye to my 18MZ

Keep up the good work Aloft.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:16 AM
Rob2160

I'll add my 2 cents, only one order from Aloft, but they shipped to Australia no problem for a reasonable price, it took about 30 days but I paid cheapest option so no complaints.

As a newcomer to the Taranis.. I hate to admit it but it leaves my other (far more expensive) radios in the dust.

The JR 9503 was always my ergonomic favourite so I was happy the Taranis feels the same, but has even smoother gimbals.

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-29-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 AM
pilotpete2

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
I have had great service from Aloft and the Taranus is the best radio out there. Just starting outfitting my jets / turbines with it. saying goodbye to my 18MZ

Keep up the good work Aloft.
Got a buyer yet?
OK, even used it would probably be above my pay grade
Pete
Old 09-29-2014, 04:31 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I couldn't decide if the Taranis was right for me and Wayne took the time to answer all my questions even though I'd not ordered anything from him yet. Just did my second order with Aloft today, ordered 2 more Rx's and a decoder, ordered online at 1 PM and got an email at 4 PM that the order had been sent, can't beat that.
Wayne and Aloft have earned my business, won't buy my Taranis stuff from anyone else.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by s3nfo
I couldn't decide if the Taranis was right for me.
It is an amazing radio for the price. After using mine for a week I already miss the voice when using a different radio.

Last edited by Rob2160; 10-01-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:44 PM
qchenry1937

I have had nothing but great service from Aloft Hobbies. Even to answering my Email questions. Love my 2 Taranis systems
Henry
Old 10-07-2014, 04:23 PM
cameo20000

I can highly recommend Wayne and Aloft Hobbies for having an excellent product and the knowledge to answer questions.
I put my name on a taranis wait list and was not forgotten. I received the unit in excellent condition. I now have more then one order with a V8R4 rx faulty which has been
replaced and included on last order. The first order was coordinated by Wayne with my daughter in Benicia Ca and brought to Canada on her vacation.
Have been flying with Taranis for 3 months and showing to one and all. I'm glad I went to Aloft Hobbies. I just returned to R/C after being away for 24 years.
Amazing product for the price. Still have my Microavionics, Rs Systems and 2 or 3 Kraft systems. New systems especially Taranis are super excellent.
Will try some telemetry soon. Thanks Wayne
Old 10-08-2014, 07:25 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I have been dealing with Aloft hobbies for more than a year.
I dont understand why anyone would have a problem with them
I dont understand why this thread has not been deleted long ago.
Moderators do your job.
An attack on a business is the same as an attack on an individual.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:49 AM
rotozuk

Thank you all for the kind words! We simply treat our customers the way we expect to be treated.

I do need to apologize as I have not been doing a good job recently. We are not currently able to keep up with the amount of calls and emails we get everyday, and I have a backlog of emails to reply to. I was out at the Chicago Show where we were showing off the new Tray (Taranis E) and the Horus radios last week. Now that I am back from the show, I apparently picked up some flu bug, so that is not helping much. Ack!! Seems like it is never ending. (Some staff are on vacation this week too..)

So to summarize, very sorry if we do not get back to your questions as quick as normal. We will be adding staff to help with the work load. We have to!

-Wayne
Old 10-08-2014, 06:12 PM
s3nfo

Figured it was something like that Wayne. Take care of yourself, we can wait.
Let me know when you get around to me and my bad X8R
Old 10-09-2014, 08:10 AM
rotozuk

Plan to catch up up with the returns this weekend.

-Wayne
Old 10-15-2014, 02:45 PM
s3nfo

Wayne,

Been 2 weeks since I submitted email via your website about my bad X8R from my recent order. Are you still under the weather and backed up, or did my email get dropped. Don't want to just submit again through your website if your still backed up.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:19 PM
tedbmoss

Hey! I don't want everyone to know how good these people are. I can't even get to buy a Tx before they are out of stock.

Well I’ll be hornswoggled and tied to a rail ! I got my Plus so fast I can't even type. Looking good Aloft. And boy did I get the run around from Hobby King they even kept part of my refund!

Last edited by tedbmoss; 10-28-2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: got my stuff
Old 10-16-2014, 07:44 AM
rotozuk

Originally Posted by s3nfo
Wayne,

Been 2 weeks since I submitted email via your website about my bad X8R from my recent order. Are you still under the weather and backed up, or did my email get dropped. Don't want to just submit again through your website if your still backed up.
Sorry, you might want to email me again, still need to read through the older emails.

We processed all returns yesterday, and if we had it in stock, we should have shipped a replacement yesterday. If their is an exchange or refund, we will be dealing with those today. Slowly catching up around here, and fully staffed again. We should get some huge restock orders in very soon.

-Wayne
Old 10-28-2014, 10:40 AM
N410DC

I love Aloft, and the Taranis that they sold me. Aloft is the only online sales company that has not screwed me. I cannot say the same for Tower Hobbies or HobbyKing.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:03 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wayne and Aloft Hobbies crew are the best. I just ordered more FrSky stuff yesterday!

Very happy customer
Old 11-04-2014, 05:29 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

to the moderator of this forum: PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD. I have had nothing but the best response and service from Wayne & Aloft Hobbies. I would highly recommend buy any FrSky products from him.
Chuck Lackey aka zx32tt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.