Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Blue bird servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blue bird servos

Hobbyking has "Bluebird" servos at a reasonable price, and, more importantly, a small servo that weighs 3.7 grams for 10 bucks. That is super light but are they any good? I haven't heard anyones chatter about them. At 3.7 grams they are just right for our park flyers with spans of 15 inch to 24 inch. Would love to hear about anyone using them. At 3.7 grams they are likeable, but, only if they are a good servo. What say guys and gals???!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have use them(4) and not had any problems
Old 08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Steve Westphal

Thanks.....I will try them.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Steve Westphal

DB......will they fit in my Tower Hobbies micro Rx? How about the Assan Rx? I get confused about these DMXS or whatever it is. Is it only Tactic stuff? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:55 AM
dirtybird

If you mean will they work with the receivers, yes. They all use the same connectors and a servo is a servo. iIs just that some are more expensive than others.
My experience with FR-SKY equipment has been very good. They make the tactic tx I think.
Just forget about the DMXS. One system is as good as all the others. Just make sure your receiver system is the same as your transmitter
Old 08-27-2013, 09:53 AM
onewasp

Originally Posted by dirtybird
If you mean will they work with the receivers, yes. They all use the same connectors and a servo is a servo. iIs just that some are more expensive than others.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

I quit posting a long time ago as it has devolved into who can holler the loudest and not much else (a very few exceptions of course)

You used to be one of my exceptions.

With the quoted comment you either never flew Precision Aerobatics or you are having a very bad day.
We are in the same age group so I'll let it go as either of the above ----- your choice.

I have no experience with Blue Bird servos but there are some who are absolutely NOT fans and they used them.
That was a long time back and is available on a search ------ if only you happen to search in the right spot!

Time changes of course and so do many products ------- I'll continue to waste my money on not 'good' but EXCELLENT servos. Time (lots of it) has shown that to be an extremely satisfying venture on my part.

I recommend it to any who wish to take the high road where equipment differences are eliminated at the start. That leaves flying abilities which is what this hobby used to be all about.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:35 PM
dirtybird

You are correct, I never flew precision aerobatics. I should have said an analog servo is an analog servo. All of the analog servers I have tested seem to have a deadband of about 13us whether they were ball bearing or not.
Digital s are a different story but I dont think Steve will be ready for those for awhile.
There are four classes of servos in order of expense:
1. Analog with cored motor
2. Digital with cored motor
3 Analog with coreless motor
4 Digital with coreless motor.
I think Bluebirds are all class 1. But for most of us that dont make a job out of it that is all we need.
I have an example of all classes but the others dont do a thing extra for me.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:32 PM
rogsteele

Onewasp

you get my vote, you should stop postng