Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

DSX11 - Electric glider, V tail, No ailerons, spoiler

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DSX11 - Electric glider, V tail, No ailerons, spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 AM
S1MON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSX11 - Electric glider, V tail, No ailerons, spoiler

Can anyone help me please. I have an X Models Lucky Star which is a simple electric V tail glider (no ailerons). I am having problems setting it up on my DSX11 (mode 2).

I can set it up on ACRO and have the throttle and rudder on the left stick and elevator on the right stick. What I want is to have is throttle on the left stick and elevator and rudder on the right stick.

If I use sailplane setup I get rudder left stick, throttle on right stick/left aileron and elevator right stick.

After managing to previously set up a 4 servo wing I thought I was getting somewhere with my DSX11 but now I am in dismay!

I keep going through the manual but I must just be thick!

Simon
Old 10-18-2013, 05:40 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there is an upgrade to the DSX11 software that makes it similar to the XG11, you could consider it. It makes programming your electric V-tail sailplane simple. It allows you to change the stick modes. You just change the transmitter to mode 4 which puts the rudder and elevator on the right stick. I had the same situation initially with my RES V-tail Chrysalis using a mode 2 JR11X transmitter.

I don’t recommend the software upgrade lightly. The XG11 programming is more complex to use than the original DSX11. But it has a number of advantages.

Before going further, what stick mode are you using? If i'm reading you correctly, it sounds as if you are using mode 2.

When the GLID configuration is used, the first two receiver channels are left aileron and right aileron. The LTAL is on 3 and the RTAL is channel 4. The motor, if you have set it up in the DeviceSEL, is channel 5.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 10-18-2013 at 05:53 PM.