Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

R770S 7channel 53mhz PCM Slimline receiver.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 05:48 AM
lmeddock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question R770S 7channel 53mhz PCM Slimline receiver.

I purchased a Hanger 9 1/4 scale J-3 from my local hobby shops ceiling of planes. The plane came complete with all servos and receiver. All I had to do was change out the crystal. I am an old flyer and would fly this plane with my JR 8103 72 mhz radio. I have over 24 flight on this plane and never had any radio issues. Last Sunday I lost signal for a split second. Landed safely, did all kind of field range tests and went up again. Again lost signal for a brief moment and again landed safe. Decided to take out receiver. It was only then that I noticed that the receiver was on 53 mhz and that I am transmitting on 72. How can this be? I called Horizon and they are baffled. They said it was magic. That's right, magic. They said no way could I fly with that receiver. Anybody have any thoughts as to what is going on. I don't believe in magic.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For a receiver that old, it would not surprise me one bit that it has been repaired at least once. The proof is that it actually worked with a 72mhz radio even when labeled as 50mhz receiver. that tells you that the case has been swapped. Then I can assure you that the crystal has been also swapped several times. Either put a new receiver in there, or send that one to Horizon to get checked out.

As far as the response from Horizon, you are only giving us one side of the story. I've dealt with them and they are always very professional. But they are also in customer service. I've dabbled in customer service before, and sarcasm is hard to control.

Rafael
Old 10-29-2013, 07:37 AM
lmeddock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rafael, thanks for the quick response. My local hobby shop suggested the same. Must be a swapped case or label. The sarcasm did not bother me and in fact they said they would run it up the chain to see if anybody had any answers.