Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo gears...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo gears...

I have a pair of Hitec 705MG's and one seems to have a stripped gear. It makes noise, and it looks like it is trying to move the pushrod it is attached to, but nothing happens. In all other servos, I have associated this with stripped or broken gears. If one tooth is broken off the correct gear, the servo stops working.

Well, after some searching I found repair kits overseas (all out of stock) so I wrote to Hitec and was told the servo was discontinued 8 years ago (which is about when the installed pair were 'involved' in a terminal incident) and no gears are available.

Not being used to just throwing stuff out, I thought I might ask here if anyone has a 700/705 that is down for an electrical problem. Maybe we could work something out for one of us.