Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitec HS525BB servos-won't respond

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec HS525BB servos-won't respond

Bought a 60 size ultra stik with these servos in it. The gentleman that I bought the plane from was an airtronics guy and thats the only radio brand he used. When I put my futaba equipment in and plugged the servos in there was no response at all.I plugged in some futaba servos to the same receiver and they worked fine. Am I missing something here? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:43 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once upon a time:-)))))))))))

Airtronics was different from Futaba in pin out of the connectors. You may be able to swap wires around to make it compatible.

Les
Old 02-12-2014, 12:03 PM
A.T.

Originally Posted by flyerdave
Bought a 60 size ultra stik with these servos in it. The gentleman that I bought the plane from was an airtronics guy and thats the only radio brand he used.
When I put my futaba equipment in and plugged the servos in there was no response at all.
I plugged in some futaba servos to the same receiver and they worked fine.
Am I missing something here? Thanks for the help.
If the Futaba servo worked, the Hitec should also work.
A common trap is that the Futaba plugs have a key so slot one way only into the receiver whereas Hitec plugs can
slot either way into a Futaba receiver. Check that the Hitec signal lead (yellow) is same way around as the Futaba
white lead. If plugged wrong way, the Hitec will not work but no damage is done.

. Servo - Wiring Diagrams = use with other brand RX.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 02-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Checklst

It could be you just have them plug in wrong ...............but if its an old receiver airtronics before the Non-Z connector you will have to change out the pins......not hard just take your time if its you first time working with the pins. Hear is a good article on the differences and how to do the pins. Good luck

http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html

Last edited by Checklst; 02-13-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:00 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to change out the old non-z connectors and all servos are working with my radio. The how-to article that was posted by checklst was a huge help.I have been in this hobby for 34 years and I don't know how I got along without rc universe and the good people who are found on the site.I love this hobby!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 AM
Checklst

Yes this site has saved my bacon more than a few times..............I had that reference book marked for years .........probably came from someone one on this site originally.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:36 AM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

I also went to the site that Checklst posted, and after looking around a bit, even though I am not a Glider Pilot, I bookmarked the page, as it as quite a bit of information that is relevant to all forms of RC pilots..

Thank you, Checklst for posting it!

Craig.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:42 PM
A.T.

Originally Posted by flyerdave
Thanks for the help guys. I was able to change out the old non-z connectors and all servos are working with my radio. The how-to article that was posted by checklst was a huge help.I have been in this hobby for 34 years and I don't know how I got along without rc universe and the good people who are found on the site.I love this hobby!!!
Originally Posted by SeaJay
I also went to the site that Checklst posted, and after looking around a bit, even though I am not a Glider Pilot, I bookmarked the page, as it as quite a bit of information that is relevant to all forms of RC pilots..
Thank you, Checklst for posting it! Craig
That link is exactly the same as posted in the preceding post #3 in which there was also
additional pertinent information.
Just curious, but wonder if there is some reason why the subsequent post 24 hours later gets the accolades?

Much more information available below sub section:
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Checklst

Sorry AT I missed your links or I would have directed him to your link...............I looked right past your link because I did not see the HTTP//WWW. My mind must be trained to the old looking addresses ............need to slow down the quick thread skimming. I could miss something important........No disrespect intended.