Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futba 12FG - triple rate setup help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Baz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futba 12FG - triple rate setup help

Guys, the Futaba manual and FAQs are not very clear on this subject. Has anyone deciphered the code and might be willing to describe the set up procedure ...
Old 04-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With elevator as an example, to get triple rates, you first set up the model so that your normal control stick movement gives you the maximum travel on the control surface. Then, go into the Dual Rate section of the Model Menu. Turn on D/R 1, set the function to elevator, select the desired switch, and have the switch set to OFF/ON/OFF. Now turn on D/R 2, set it to elevator, and set the switch to OFF/OFF/ON.

Now, go into the AFR section of the Model Menu. The curve shown will be for each rate as you flip the switch. With the switch set in the original position, your curve should be set for the normal operation. Move the switch to the middle position and adjust the rates as you desire for the first lowered rate. Now move the switch to the third position and do the same for your second lowered rate. You're Done! You now have three rates: Normal, #1, and #2.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Baz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I had an aha! moment and figured this out on my own but I appreciate you taking the time to document for others (and when I forget).