RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Old Futaba Transmitter Plus new JR NER 549 reciver

Old 09-24-2003, 11:10 PM
TQUIN45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Old Futaba Transmitter Plus new JR NER 549 reciver

Hi- I have 2 old (Tan) 6 Ch Futaba radios. Added new batteries- one of them works great.
I just purchased a plane with JR servos and a JR receiver installed. What is the best way for me to set this equipment up so it will work with my Futaba transmitter????
Ideally, I would love to change the crystal in the JR receiver to match the Futaba(tranmitter) radio. That would leave the radio and servos all installed and set to go. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tom Quinn
Old 09-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Pilotsmoe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Old Futaba Transmitter Plus new JR NER 549 reciver

you are going to have to buy a new receiver. The shift of the RX is not determined by the crystal. You will have to buy a hitec or Futaba RX on the channel that you are using. The servos will work with the futaba receiver, just make sure they are plugged in the right way.
Be very careful to plug the battery in right. The red should be in the middle and the black to the right. Some receivers will fry if you plug in the power wrong.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:31 PM
TQUIN45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you Pilotsmoe for the information. I do have a receiver that belongs with the old (approx 1984) 6 ch Futaba radio. From what you said the JR servos will work with the Futaba 6 CH receiver and transmitter. Sounded like I do not need to change connectors on the servos. Thanks again for the great help.
Tom Quinn
Old 09-27-2003, 02:43 AM
Pilotsmoe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, they will work, unless the rx has the really old "G" plug. I am guessing that your rx takes the "j" plug
Old 09-27-2003, 03:54 AM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tom,

A couple of questions about your old "tan" transmitters and the receiver. Do the transmitters have gold stickers (1991 ready) on them? If they do not have gold stickers on them they are illegal to use. Does your receiver have male (type J) or female (type G) connectors for the servos and battery/switch. If they are female, the JR servos will not plug in and the receiver is also not 1991 ready. From my time working at a hobby shop in the early 90s, I was told that none of the receivers with type G connectors were 1991 ready. When the older systems were updated to the 1991 standard, the receivers were replaced as the older ones could not be updated.

George