Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba cassette battery pack for 9Z TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 03:51 AM
av8rk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Futaba cassette battery pack for 9Z TX

can anyone suggest where i can get a replacement or rebuilt with new nicads the cassette 9.6 volt battery pack for a futaba 9Z TX.......
thanks.....Richard
Old 09-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by av8rk
can anyone suggest where i can get a replacement or rebuilt with new nicads the cassette 9.6 volt battery pack for a futaba 9Z TX.......
thanks.....Richard
NiCD's have been pretty hard to come by every since the environmentalists complained about the chemical structure. They were pretty much replaced by NiMH which works pretty well for tx's but new Eneloop low self discharge cells are the way to go for tx's if you ask me. They are a type of NiMH battery, will have twice the capacity of your old NiCD's and you can use your existing walwart to charge the pack. Steve at NoBS batteries will make up a pack for you and install them in the cassette for you if you want, as will a number of other vendors.

http://www.hangtimes.com/txpacks.html
Old 09-26-2014, 07:08 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the big issue the OP has is the plastic cassette. That thing is hard to come by.
I've been using half a cassette with a 3s LiPo stuffed in it for years in my 9z.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:20 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Ah well he asked Bax about a new one but I supposed he still had the cassette. For the OP; if you don't have that 9Z battery cassette then it's a whole 'nuther story.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:37 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THIS sounds like a good job for a 3D printer!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:43 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Radical RC is where I purchased my spare 9Z pack. They should be able to help you out. www.radicalrc.com