Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio Advice needed.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:53 PM
wade7575

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Advice needed.

I'm going to be getting a new Radio in the near future and I need advice on one thing.

I had a Futaba 3PMX and hated it more then any other radio I have ever had because I found for my trigger finger that the gap was to tight and I really did not like it at all and most of my friends with smaller finders said the same thing,I had a 2 Tatic radios that come with the Aquacraft boat's and the trigger was a dream compared to my Futaba.

I'm looking at getting a Spectrum DX4C and I was wondering if the gap is as small on it as it is on the Futaba.

https://www.spektrum...?ProdId=SPM4200

I'm also looking at an Airtronics MV-X I'm not looking to get anything to fancy I don't to buy a radio from HobbyKing more because by the time I have it shipped I can get on here for about 10 bucks more.

http://www.airtronic...-fh2-radio.html
Old 09-29-2014, 06:47 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Go to your local hobby shop and try all three. You really need to feel them all.

I find that pistol transmitters are designed for tiny hands, and mine are at the other extreme. I race boats so I don't need brakes, and that allows me to remove the front finger loop from the tx base. I then adjust the trigger position so that when it's in the full-forward (brake) position, my finger is relaxed. If the trigger has a loop to help with braking, that comes off too because my little finger would be tight in those dinky holes they allow.

When I'm done, the radio fits ME but very few others would want to use it.

Andy