Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX5e transmitter bound to both AR500 and AR610 receivers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX5e transmitter bound to both AR500 and AR610 receivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Echo-Blower-Boat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX5e transmitter bound to both AR500 and AR610 receivers

I have a Spektrum DX5e Transmitter. I am trying to bind to AR500 and AR610 receivers. I just want to use the same transmitter for two different applications. Will not be operating both receivers at the same time.
After doing some research, I was under the impression you could bind multiple receivers to the same transmitter. But, when I bind the transmitter to the AR500, it loses the connection to the AR610. Is there some trick to this?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2014, 07:10 AM
pilotpete2

The problem you're experiencing is due to the fact that the AR500 receiver is only capable of running DSM2. The newer receiver you have, AR610 is capable of both DSM2 and DSMX. To mix receivers as you have without having to re-bind every time you switch models, you can force the DX5e into DSM2 only mode. The instructions are on page 6 of the manual.
By doing that, all your receivers will be bound in DSM2 mode and you can switch back and forth without having to re-bind.
Of course you could always upgrade to a DX6i, that would eliminate the issue, since each model memory remembers what type receiver it's bound to.
Pete
Old 10-17-2014, 07:11 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Echo-Blower-Boat
I have a Spektrum DX5e Transmitter. I am trying to bind to AR500 and AR610 receivers. I just want to use the same transmitter for two different applications. Will not be operating both receivers at the same time.
After doing some research, I was under the impression you could bind multiple receivers to the same transmitter. But, when I bind the transmitter to the AR500, it loses the connection to the AR610. Is there some trick to this?

Thanks
It is possible in some situations to have two spectrum receivers bound simultaneously to the same transmitter.

You may be aware that Spektrum uses either DSM2 or DSMX. These are quite different.

When you bind a transmitter to the receiver it senses if the receiver is capable of DSMX, if so it will bind in that mode. if the receiver is only DSM2 the. The transmitter will bind in DSM2 mode.

I suggest what is happening in your situation is that one receiver is capable of DSMX and the other is not.

The transmitter is changing modes each time you bind with each receiver.

Check your receivers, does one have an X and the other one not?

edit. Pilotpete2 beat me to it.

Last edited by Rob2160; 10-17-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Echo-Blower-Boat

Thanks for the feedback guys. Pete, I can't wait to get home and try it by putting the DX5e in DSM2 only mode.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Echo-Blower-Boat

Worked like a charm!
Old 10-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Echo-Blower-Boat
Worked like a charm!
Good news.