Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba S3071HV Sbus servo

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Loco3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba S3071HV Sbus servo

Thinking of jumping to sbus using these servos :

http://www.servocity.com/html/s3071h...l#.VEi6MKakrCQ

Cant find any reviews out there so Im wondering if anyone has used/heard about these??
is going on a scale warbird project.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:18 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I use them for the rudder on my 27% planes. I have them installed in a standard format though, no SBUS.

they are the more expensive SBUS replacement for the 3051HV servos which I've used for a few years now. I think the only thing I don't like is that Futaba discontinued the 3051HV and charges $20 more for the 3071HV only difference is the SBUS capability which I didn't need. Other than that both servos seem to be very good. I've had them in planes now for over 3 years without issue.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Loco3D

Originally Posted by mattnew
I use them for the rudder on my 27% planes. I have them installed in a standard format though, no SBUS.

they are the more expensive SBUS replacement for the 3051HV servos which I've used for a few years now. I think the only thing I don't like is that Futaba discontinued the 3051HV and charges $20 more for the 3071HV only difference is the SBUS capability which I didn't need. Other than that both servos seem to be very good. I've had them in planes now for over 3 years without issue.
Thanks for your feedback.

Do they hold or center nicely ?, they have metal gears and 10.5Kg at HV 7.4v is perfect for my warbird.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:03 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel that they do. For a warbird I think they would be great. Someone flying 3D might have a different opinion but for my purposes ( sport flying/aerobatics and scale warbirds ) I think they work really really well.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Loco3D

Good to hear that, will go for these in the end anyway.