Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

spektrum radio parts

Old 11-15-2014, 04:09 PM
uu42
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spektrum radio parts

does anyone know of a source for spektrum radio parts, such as pots/ vereable resistors for the x,y controls. i have one bad one. spektrum will not sell these parts. .they want the whole transmitter sent in. or maby someone has a broken one they want to sell. either dx6 or 5. .
Old 11-15-2014, 04:16 PM
JohnB96041

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Send it in for repair. It will be fixed correctly and you will be happy.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:17 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Radio South has some parts.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by uu42
does anyone know of a source for spektrum radio parts, such as pots/ vereable resistors for the x,y controls. i have one bad one. spektrum will not sell these parts. .they want the whole transmitter sent in. or maby someone has a broken one they want to sell. either dx6 or 5. .
In the US, it's illegal for someone not certified by the FCC to work on radio transmitting devices without the proper training and equipment especially to certify that it's transmitting at it's required frequency and power. That's why Horizon won't sell transmitter stuff. In most cases however, unless it's obviously abused, they'll fix stuff for free even it it's out of warranty in the USA.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:28 PM
mattnew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
In the US, it's illegal for someone not certified by the FCC to work on radio transmitting devices without the proper training and equipment especially to certify that it's transmitting at it's required frequency and power. That's why Horizon won't sell transmitter stuff. In most cases however, unless it's obviously abused, they'll fix stuff for free even it it's out of warranty in the USA.
Something is missing here. DIY Tx radio kits used to be alive and well in this hobby, same as building planes. I didn't think they went the way of the dinosaur due to new FCC rules, but rather people lost interest in them. You can buy 2.4Ghz transmission modules to convert 72Mhz radios to 2.4Ghz and none of the multiple sites that sell those make any comments about certification...I get that that doesn't make it legal, but I would think at least one would have some sort of legal disclaimer....

DIY FM transmitters are still alive and well on many US based websites, you can buy kits on several well known sites including Radio Shack.

I think there is something different between working on the actual transmission circuit and replacing a broken POT in the radio.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:34 PM
mattnew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And.. sorry, I didn't mean to not answer the original post, in the past with my dx6, my local hobby shop has been able to get me the needed parts. 1 antenna and two switches to date.