Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

From a Futaba 10CAG to a Futaba 12FG-Was it the right move?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

From a Futaba 10CAG to a Futaba 12FG-Was it the right move?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:44 PM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From a Futaba 10CAG to a Futaba 12FG-Was it the right move?

I've had a 10CAG 2.4 for about 3 years now and have been very happy with it but have been reading some older posts about the 12FG being a better radio with better programming and a better feel than the 10CAG. I moved up from a 9CAP to the 10CAG to get 2.4 and move into the 21st century and to be honest I have loved the 10 and the easy programming that was very simular to the 9CAP. After talking to some others who had the 12FG and reading some of the posts here and on other forums,I decided after finding a good used one for sale at a really good price that the time was right to try the 12. Well I guess I didn't do enough homework but I didn't realize that the 12 dosen't even have a backlit screen, I mean this is one thing I loved about the 10 because it was so much easier to read for a 50 year old guy who's sight isn't nearly as good as it used to be. My question is simple: At the end of the day, is the 12FG that much better than my trusty familiar 10CAG ?
Old 11-30-2014, 12:20 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, the 12FG is an excellent radio. Great programming functionality and flexibility, conditions, etc. Yes, it does program differently than the 10CAG but in the long run you can program it more 'logically' than the 10CAG. Don't let the backlit issue spoil your opinion of this radio. Give it a shot and I bet you will like it. From a functionality basis, with the exception of telemetry, it has more program capability than the newer 14SG. It feels good in my hands at least and is my 'go to' radio for all my sport planes and helis as well as a backup to my 14/18MZ. Have had my 12FG for 4+ years now with no issues at all.

Woodie
Old 12-04-2014, 04:51 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I enjoyed my 12FG for many years. I sold it and a bunch of other things to fund my 18MZ, other than telemetry and sounds the 12FG did everything I wanted it to do, enjoy.