Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question: TX mitt - 2.4 GHz module compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 08:09 AM
sandal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question: TX mitt - 2.4 GHz module compatibility

It was -6 degrees C (20F) at the airfield today, and I have to admit that my fingers weren't too happy about it.

I have a Futaba 9C (FM) with a TM-7 2.4 GHz module. Can I use a TX mitt with my transmitter? The TM-7's aerial is attached directly to the module on the back of the transmitter. Will this cause any problems if I use a TX mitt? I am worried about a possible reduction in signal range. The aerial may have to be inside the TX mitt unless there is a hole on the back of it, and the TM-7 instructions clearly state that the aerial must not be touched during flight.

Please share your experience
Old 12-06-2014, 08:28 AM
yorkiepap
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are several members of our club that use the Tx "mitts" without issue as they are made all of cloth w/plastic window. Some have the antenna poking out of the mitt, while others leave the entire Tx inside....neither had any problems. Yes, range is affected if you "touch" the antenna with your hands/fingers....other than that, you would not see any degradation.

Denny