Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14 sg frozen

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 10:16 AM
warblood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 sg frozen

Hello there my 14sg screen is frozen this happen when i was trying to register my power box sensor now i can turn my radio on but nothing is moving and i cant access anything tho i can still hear when i move my trims .
Old 12-28-2014, 02:59 PM
ija

Originally Posted by warblood
Hello there my 14sg screen is frozen this happen when i was trying to register my power box sensor now i can turn my radio on but nothing is moving and i cant access anything tho i can still hear when i move my trims .
I know I'm breaking rules here but I have some first hand experience about PowerBox sensors so I try to provide my info. Bax, feel free to delete and blame me if you see need.

Make sure your Powerbox sensor is in Robbe CUR-1678 mode (Can be changed with Powerbox PC Software and USB programming dongle). 14SG is not supporting actual "PowerBox Sensor" and therefore limited CUR1678 emulation need to be used and 14SG SW version has to be at least 4.0. 14SG is prone to crash odd ways if someone tries to register an unknown sensor. I've seen 14SG crashing similar way as you have experienced! Just remove your battery for a while and it will be ok. (I don't know if this causes any model data loss??)

Ilkka
Old 12-29-2014, 07:54 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We're moving this thread to the general radios forum because it does not involve difficulties caused by Futaba equipment.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:40 AM
warblood

Originally Posted by Bax
We're moving this thread to the general radios forum because it does not involve difficulties caused by Futaba equipment.
So who can help me to fix my futaba 14sg now i was just trying to register my powerbox sensor to my remote and the screen is stack now and i cant do anything with it i did try to update it but nothing changed
Old 12-29-2014, 10:25 AM
ija

Did you try what I suggested? Remove the battery to recover, right SW version to TX and CUR1678 emulation mode in use for powerbox? Or is the transmitter completely dead and you are unable to recover by removing the battery?
Old 12-29-2014, 10:59 AM
warblood

Originally Posted by ija
Did you try what I suggested? Remove the battery to recover, right SW version to TX and CUR1678 emulation mode in use for powerbox? Or is the transmitter completely dead and you are unable to recover by removing the battery?
i did try to remove the battery still nothing check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUpzd...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-29-2014, 11:26 AM
ija

What kind of Tx battery you have? if it's LiPo 6.4V sounds extremely low to me... ...anyway it might be that model memory is corrupted somehow and UI is therefore totally frozen. If you had your active model memory on memory card, remove it.

If you used Tx memory then You could try to blindly choose other model memory by doing same as usually but not expecting display feedback: Immediately after turning radio ON: try 270degr rotation clockwise then RTN, 90degr clockwise then RTN, then RTN, then long-RTN.

Then you might have selected next, whatever model you happen to have and it might start. Hopefully you had other model memory created.

sounds like a nasty bug in the TX. And if you cannot get it working I would send it in repair and request warranty repair. Radio seems physically ok as display works but SW is somehow stuck which sounds like a programming mistake to me. What TX SW version you had?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:49 AM
warblood

Originally Posted by ija
What kind of Tx battery you have? if it's LiPo 6.4V sounds extremely low to me... ...anyway it might be that model memory is corrupted somehow and UI is therefore totally frozen. If you had your active model memory on memory card, remove it.

If you used Tx memory then You could try to blindly choose other model memory by doing same as usually but not expecting display feedback: Immediately after turning radio ON: try 270degr rotation clockwise then RTN, 90degr clockwise then RTN, then RTN, then long-RTN.

Then you might have selected next, whatever model you happen to have and it might start. Hopefully you had other model memory created.

sounds like a nasty bug in the TX. And if you cannot get it working I would send it in repair and request warranty repair. Radio seems physically ok as display works but SW is somehow stuck which sounds like a programming mistake to me. What TX SW version you had?
I did try but nothing happen im using 5.0 SW
Old 12-30-2014, 01:05 PM
ija

Hmmmm... Sounds like 5.0 is fiasco then. I Would try to downgrade SW to 4,0 and if not helping then request warranty repair.

ilkka
Old 01-03-2015, 05:48 PM
An-2o

according to the video you locked your transmitter. theres a key symbol next to the airplane symbol, to unlock this hold the s1 button on your touch pad to unlock your transmitter.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:28 PM
warblood

Originally Posted by An-2o
according to the video you locked your transmitter. theres a key symbol next to the airplane symbol, to unlock this hold the s1 button on your touch pad to unlock your transmitter.
I know about that but you cant unlock it if you notice nothing is moving even when i move trims the bars are not moving