Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 07:16 AM
luciuswillson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question

Anyway, here is my dilemma. I have to center my aileron's electronically before I can mount the hardware. I'm running a Spektrum Dx7s and a six channel Sepktrum receiver (Ar6210) both dsmx. I have bound the receiver to the radio. When I shut the receiver and radio down and plugged in the servos and turned everything back on I hear the servos on but I have no control of them through the radio. What am I doing wrong? I have a live 6.6v receiver battery.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:28 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to turn everything on in proper order.

1. Bind TX to RX

2. With everything off, turn on TX first.

3. Then turn on RX switch, or plug in battery if electric,
Old 02-10-2015, 06:25 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by luciuswillson
Anyway, here is my dilemma. I have to center my aileron's electronically before I can mount the hardware. I'm running a Spektrum Dx7s and a six channel Sepktrum receiver (Ar6210) both dsmx. I have bound the receiver to the radio. When I shut the receiver and radio down and plugged in the servos and turned everything back on I hear the servos on but I have no control of them through the radio. What am I doing wrong? I have a live 6.6v receiver battery.
Did you resolve your problem? Sounds like you did not successfully bind the receiver to the radio OR you left the bind plug in place.

You want to center the servos mechanically, by proper placement of the servo arm, before you mount them then use the radio to do fine adjustments once you put them in the plane.

Once you have the servos in the plane you want to center the surfaces mechanically either by moving the servo arm or by adjusting the clevis.

Then you want to set your throws mechanically buy adjusting the hole you are using in the servo arm and the control horn on the surface. Get as close as you can to the proper throw.

Then, and only then should you be using your radio to center and adjust the end points.