Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help. Power problem with Futaba 9CAP Super

Old 02-10-2015, 09:33 AM
whitey-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. Power problem with Futaba 9CAP Super

Wondering if someone can me with this. I have a very strange problem with a Futaba 9CAP Super transmitter. It has been an extremely reliable transmitter for many years, but the other night, I was setting up my Fatshark Dominator goggles head tracking system. I plugged the cable into the trainer port, then the goggles and turned on. Everything was normal. I setup the goggle sand when i was finished, I went to power off the radio and it would not power down. I removed the battery and unplugged the cable from the 9CAP to the goggles and then re-inserted the battery, with the power switch off. As soon as I plugged the battery in, the radio powered up. I cannot turn it off unless I unplug the battery. Everything is working normal. I flew with it and no problem......except not being able to turn it off. I would be surprised if it's the switch, as it would be a strange coincidence to have the switch fail when I plugged the cable in. Any thoughts.......Signed Stumped (Mike)
Old 02-10-2015, 12:36 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the 9C Super. Don't have it in front of me but , as I recall, when you plug into the trainer port that turns the radio on.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:50 PM
whitey-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aeajr
I have the 9C Super. Don't have it in front of me but , as I recall, when you plug into the trainer port that turns the radio on.
My problem is when the trainer cord is disconnected, the radio remains on. I remove the battery and reinstall it with the power switch off and the radio comes on. I can switch the main power switch off and the radio will remain on.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:47 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like something is stuck. Either the switch or something is stuck I in the trainer port. Don't know how to help you.