Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

small radio for my kid

Old 02-24-2015, 10:25 PM
b3vr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small radio for my kid

My daughter and I are pretty heavy into rcs. I am currently in the market for a receiver and radio for her Stampede. Every remote she uses is too big for her to oporate the brake and throttle properly. I usually make up for it by setting the brake drag higher.
I have searched the forums, and searched on google but have not found anything.
Does any manufacturer make a smaller radio that is for kids? No AM radios if possible, I hate antennas.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:09 PM
b3vr

Well I still cannot find anything small enough. I guess I will buy a mini rc with a smaller 2.4ghz radio and try to bind it to her receiver.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:18 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it works better if she use a tray (built or ready made) for the radio so she do not have to hold the transmitter with her hands at the same time, that way her fingers can reach the sticks and swithes more easy.

/Bo
Old 03-01-2015, 02:43 PM
b3vr

I'll give that a try. Thank you for the idea!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

The Futaba 8fg had a smaller than normal case. Though no longer available new, there are plenty of good ones on the used market. Excellent, full featured radio and the later ones are actually 14 channel radios.