Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Servo for AIRSOFT-GUN magazine, 360 deg, fast, high torque

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo for AIRSOFT-GUN magazine, 360 deg, fast, high torque

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 09:30 AM
swatti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo for AIRSOFT-GUN magazine, 360 deg, fast, high torque

I need tips for a servo on a VERY special project of mine.

For those who dont know, airsoft is similar to paintball, exept our guns look real and gear we wear looks real or is genuine equipment.

Larger magazines like machine-gun box-magazines are electronic. Some as of recent have started using RC-servos, rather poor quality ones sadly. Since they are similar to what you guys use, they are easy to swap.

My project is bit more complicated - Heres how the magazine works:
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/P1040329.jpg

That wind-up spring is being turned by the servo. Higher the tension, bigger the load. That picture aint mine but it gives the basic idea. Theres few holes in the spring-housing so the spring will jump over em if its winded too tight.

What kind of servo do i need? Lets pretend this : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html Is the servo ours use.

I'd prefer more speed and more torque. It has to run 360 degrees, as in spin over and over. Metal gears are a plus, as is higher voltage. Ours use regular 9v fire-alarm battery. I may be able to reduce the voltage but i'd rather not lose much speed. Needs to work with a simple, "give it power, it spins" -method. Most likely i will solder off the controll-circuit and angle-sensor and just solder the two wires to the motor. I have modded a reguilar Futaba servo to do this so i know how but it doesnt run any faster then the cheapo-servo i allready have and even at 9v it runs out of power/torque.

Links to shops plz. If i didnt make any sense, ask. I have zero knowledge of RC-stuff and sorry for my poor english.