Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Which 2.4 Ghz radio Spektrum DX9 or Hitec Auroa 9X

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which 2.4 Ghz radio Spektrum DX9 or Hitec Auroa 9X

Old 04-05-2015, 01:56 PM
ADANAC18
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 2.4 Ghz radio Spektrum DX9 or Hitec Auroa 9X

Hello:

I am going to buy a new 2.4Ghz radio.

I am a sport flyer.

Which radio would you recommend ?

Is there another radio I should be looking at?

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:15 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Which is better, a Ford, Chevrolet or a Dodge?

There have been many "radio wars" on this and other forums when questions similar to yours have been posted. The answer is which ever radio you like best? One of the best pieces of advice I ever got about buying a radio is buy the best you can afford, then you aren't constantly upgrading as your skills improve and you get newer/bigger models. Another key IMHO is how the thing feels in your hands, are the sticks easy to reach and operate? Can you flick the switches without having to reach for them or cross control the sticks?

Next couple of considerations is what do most of the guys in your local club fly? You'll probably need help and having folks around who use the same radio or at least the same brand, can be very helpful. Then maybe you will want to consider how many different rx's, sensors, BNF planes, quads, microlights or whatever is available. If you get to that point, Spektrum wins hands down. They put out more radio models, more rx models and can operate all the BNF stuff from Horizon Hobby like the Eflite and ParkZone models.

Like I said; try to hold each of the radios you are considering. If you don't like the feel or even the looks of the thing, move on because no matter what brand you buy, they all work....
Old 04-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fortunately, all the major brands are quite good. I have found, if you are satisfied with 8 channel units, that the Tactic850 is IMHO the best buy for your money right now. When you consider prices of receivers, service, ease of programming and set up, it will be hard to beat. It may pay you to check out their web site and check Tower Hobbies for prices.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:02 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by ADANAC18
Hello:

I am going to buy a new 2.4Ghz radio.

I am a sport flyer.

Which radio would you recommend ?

Is there another radio I should be looking at?

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Both the Spektrum DX9 and the Hitec Aurora 9/Aurora 9X are excellent radio systems. I really admire the advanced touchscreen programming system that Hitec developed for the Aurora.

I would also suggest that you take a close look at Airtronics' outstanding SD-10GS radio system: http://www.flyrc.com/airtronics-sd-1...-radio-system/

The SD-10gs is an update to the original SD-10g and it is a very solid, reliable, and easy-to-use radio platform.

Good luck and good shopping!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:15 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hitec Aurora. Amen.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Aerocal

+1 with Zeeb. Try to get your potential choices in your hands and see how it feels to you. Look through the programming a bit as well to see what feels more right to YOU. There is a good point that having what many others around you have helps loads when you need assistance. For me another huge point with the DX9 is wireless buddy boxing. I will say that I was an original adopter of DSM2 systems around the time of DX7(original) release.
Im not trying to start a huge debate and it may have changed but around the time A9 was released I flew one for several flights.It honestly felt like my old 72 F brand radio with a DSM2 module. I just didnt have the same connected feel. I didnt actually get to swap the equip in the same plane for a direct compare but I got the same feeling of chasing the ele to find the sweet spot for landing flare. The same feeling I got with a module radio that went away when I switched to a native system(DX7).
Old 04-08-2015, 10:40 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

I also fly the Airtronics SD10g, and love it, never had a problem or any glitches with it.. Of the 2 choices you listed, I would go with the Hitec, as they also have a great hand feel and track record. And Yes I do have a Hitec tx, just prefer my Airtronics SD.

Craig.

Last edited by SeaJay; 04-08-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:25 AM
pilotpete2

I second the Tactic 850 as a best bang for the buck radio. Also the Tactic SLT protocol is used in a growing fleet of Tx ready stuff from Hobbico. Their AirCore models rock! BTW, the A9X Also supports Tactic SLT receivers if those little ready to fly Tx ready models interest you.
I would also look at the Futaba T8J and T10J if you're considering radios in the price range of the DX9 or Hitec A9. The receivers for the Futaba J series radios are very reasonable when compared to Spektrum, especially if you're interested in telemetry.
Pete
Old 04-19-2015, 04:14 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the Futaba 14sg radio - you can buy it now for $475 with an 8 channel receiver. It has telemetry and works with any of the futaba 2.4 receivers. 14 channels gives you a lot of flexibility in the future. the 14sga is on sale for $550 and if you join the Tower Hobbies club you get another $75 discount code plus free shipping from Tower

Ed

Last edited by rc34074; 04-19-2015 at 04:26 PM.