Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7S + AR7000 Aileron

Old 04-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Jackal1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7S + AR7000 Aileron

Hi Guys
Im having an issues setting up the aileron with 2 servos on my DX7S with an AR7000 RX.

It really has stumped me ive tried many ways.

You can move the aileron and it moves return the tx to centre and the aileron flap returns to centre of the wing. If you move the Tx the other way and then return the tx to centre the flaps could be up to 10mm being away from being the wing centre. All servos where set up before they where put into the wing.

When you look at the wing the servos are moving from one position but not returning to it.... Then the other way they do.
If you leave it so stick is centre and the flap is 10mm out and you subtrim each servo to the correct position... then the problem swaps so its out the other way !!

Basically my Aileron servos only go to centre one way.... If you play with the sub trim you can actually swap the fault so it goes to centre the other way!!!
This happens if I use a Y lead or set the radio up for 2 servos one pluged into aileron and the other in to aux1...

Ive binded it to another TX and it still does the same, Ive Swaped RX and everything is the same,

Anyone got any ideas!

jack
Old 04-06-2015, 06:31 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Bad servos? Got a video? Got an SPM file?

Andy
Old 04-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Jackal1983

All brand new stuff!!!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:36 PM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

AR7000's haven't been manufactured for YEARS. If you're buying a "new one" today, chances are it's a counterfeit.

Andy
Old 04-06-2015, 10:49 PM
cclhuzhou

All brand new stuff!!!
Old 04-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Jackal1983

Sorry I mean servo are all brand new. The radio and Rx have been used but never had this issue... Ive changed the Rx to an ar8000 from my quad copter and it's doing the same thing... So either I'm not setting the radio up correctly or the multiplex servos that come in the kit can't figure out where centre is.

I'm going to disconnect all my linkages tonight and check to see if the servos centre then... If not check them on another channel... All my other channels seem to centre.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:35 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd suspect the servos!
I have found some digital servos do not work properly at 11ms on my DX-8's using an AR 8000.
Another problem can be caused by RX voltage dropout when the power source
cannot supply needed peak currents without a voltage sag.
(Had this problem with 4.8V NMIH RX packs and 2.5A 5V BEC's)

From the TX manual
The Frame rate function supports 22ms and 11ms. Default is
22ms. Change to 11ms when a 11ms Frame rate receiver is
used with compatible servos. The 11ms fast frame rate is not
compatible with some types of analog servos, so the 22ms rate
may be required.

Last edited by chuckk2; 04-07-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Aerocal

Question. Specifically which servos are you using? I had a set that got terrible at centering. They mostly did something like what your describing.They never did stay trimmed right from brand new and progressively got worse.They didnt return to the same position from each side. They were fast and strong but also cheap. The M955 or MG955 I think Tower Pro or one of the cheap brands. Ive seen the SG90 and MG90 do the same thing.

Look on the Monitor of your radio.If it is returning to zero from both directions this is what the Rx is telling the servos.If they arent centering its a pot or some issue in the servo.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:15 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

I would suspect the servos. I have 10 ar7000 RXs. Some bought new and some bought used. Not a problem with any of them.