Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can I bind to multiple RXs at the same time?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Jack_K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I bind to multiple RXs at the same time?

Can I bind my TX to more than one RX at the same time? Or do I have to bind each time I change RXs? (Spektrum DX6i)

Jack
Old 04-13-2015, 05:29 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

You can bind multiple copies of the same class receiver at the same time to the same model. What exactly are you trying to do?

Andy
Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Jack_K

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
You can bind multiple copies of the same class receiver at the same time to the same model. What exactly are you trying to do?

Andy
I want to be able to fly several different models with the same transmitter.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:19 AM
AndyKunz

With what, a DX4e/DX5e?

If a computer radio (DX6 or higher) that's what model memory is for. You define each model, bind each, and then when you fly you just select the model you want. It stays bound, but none of the other models will hear it. We call it Model Match and it's a great way to keep from having the wrong transmitter setup for the model you're trying to fly.

If you're using one of our newer radios (DX6, DX7, DX9, DX10t, or DX18-family) then you can have 250 models bound to the same transmitter, and none of them will interfere with any of the others.

Andy
Old 04-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Jack_K

Thanks Andy. That's way cool!
As stated in my original post, I have the DX6i.

Jack
Old 04-15-2015, 12:56 PM
AndyKunz

Thanks, I missed that over the past few days.

OK, so what you need to do it use the multiple model feature of your transmitter. You will select a model, program it, and bind it to a receiver.

For the next plane, you use the menu to select a different model, then program it and bind it to a different receiver. Repeat until all models in the radio are bound to their respective models/receivers.

Now when you want to fly a model, you first go to the menu to select the model you want. Then you fly it (no need to re-bind).

Want to fly a different model? Select the model from the menu, fly it (no need to re-bind).

I'm pretty sure the manual covers that pretty well. If not, the guys on our phone support line can walk you through it step-by-step with a radio in their hands. I don't have a DX6i here to help you with.

Andy
Old 04-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Jack_K

Thanks Andy. I think the manual is geared toward a person who ALREADY knows everything about the radio, not the first-time user.

No problem. I'll just continue to ask for help.

Jack