Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

LVC Power Switch wiring question…

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:51 PM
pb1592

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LVC Power Switch wiring question…

Hey all, I have a really dumb question… I recently upgraded to lipo for my old e-maxx and purchased an electronic power switch with LVC (to replace the stock mechanical power switch on the esc). The switch came with operating instructions but has no wiring instructions available. I do not know how to wire this new switch. The new switch has a male and a female connector but no indication of where to connect these (see photo).

Do I connect this in-line with the power connector from the esc to rx and move the white signal wire to the new connector? Do I connect one of these directly to the lipo powering the BEC)? Do I completely cut off the mechanical power switch and connect one of these terminals to those wires on the esc? I could not find a diagram online that shows precisely how to wire this. PLEASE HELP! If someone could provide a simple wiring diagram or info it would be greatly appreciated.

I added a second photo of how I initially thought this was supposed to be wired but I have no idea if it is correct or not. The male and female connectors on the new switch would imply an inline connection like this, but this does not get rid of the mechanical on/off switch on the esc. Furthermore, as shown on the diagram, the white signal wire from the esc had to be moved into the switch connector.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	2097053   Click image for larger version

Name:	switch2.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	2097096  

Last edited by pb1592; 05-19-2015 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Additional photo