Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RC Car Steering Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 05:51 PM
vino88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RC Car Steering Issue

Hello,

I have this RC car and whenever i steer one way it works and the other it doesent. I took it apart and tested the motor with a different battery and it worked so i tested if it was getting power. When i turned one way theres was 7.70 volts (that was the way that works), then i tested the other way and it was only getting 1.1 volts. What could be the problem?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:29 AM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What radio (TX and RX)? What car? Power to servos is typically in the 5V range (high voltage servos would be around 7.4V) When you say you 'tested the motor' what do you mean exactly? Steering is usually done with servos, not the drive motor.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:31 PM
vino88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know what radio sorry, its just a toy grade car from walmart or something. Sorry to confuse you, the car uses an electric motor steer, thats what i meant . And by testing it i just got another battery and made sure the motor spun both ways.

Last edited by vino88; 08-11-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Made a mistake