Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

72 mhz transmitter ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 04:59 PM
thenewguy101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 mhz transmitter ?

Hii I just picked up a helicopter that has a 72mhz transmitter. I am new to rc helicopters and I am not sure how transmitters function on helicopters. My question is will any rc antenna work with my 72mhz or there are antennas just for 72mhz. My second question is beside frequency Crystals etc what are 72mhz ttatransmitter because I am only familiar with the new 2.4 ghz.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Aerocal

This is one of those times where you probably need to learn to use the search function.
Im not exactly sure I understand your last question. As far as antennas the answer is No. Not all antennas are the same. Effective length is a function of the frequency range.
Finding the right antenna for a heli Rx on 72mhz can be challenging if you dont want an approx 40 inch wire trailing out the back. Kind of impossible to do any kind of 3D without sucking the antenna up in the rotor or tail.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...-formular.html
Old 09-14-2015, 03:32 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need more information.
What brand and model receiver?
What's wrong with the antenna that's on it?
If the tx/rx is missing crystals and if the antenna is broken and you have a 2.4 radio just buy a 2.4 receiver and be done.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:33 PM
thenewguy101

Well I didn't put my glasses on before and now I found out it's actually 27.145 mhz both the transmitter and helicopter had a sticker that said 27.145 mhz
Old 09-15-2015, 05:36 PM
thenewguy101

http://www.feala.com/jts-828-828A-82...parts-list.htm this is the helicopter but the transmitter I have is different
Old 09-16-2015, 03:13 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you still didn't answer all of the questions.
What's wrong with the antenna that's on it?
If the antenna is broken on the transmitter then usually you can find a screw-in replacement at a hobby shop.
This helicopter is "toy-grade" not "hobby-grade" . It has a very limited range so you will need to make sure the antenna is replaced(if that is really your problem). The receiver is built into the speed control of the helicopter so if the transmitter or receiver doesn't work you can't swap them out with a 2.4g system.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:25 AM
thenewguy101

Thanks, when I was opening the antenna it started coming aparte and its a screw in antenna