Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Seeking reciever and transmitter advice for older type servos

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Seeking reciever and transmitter advice for older type servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 05:53 AM
AussieIcarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking reciever and transmitter advice for older type servos

Hi guys just trying to help an elderly neighbour out who doesn't have access to the internet and is wheelchair bound. He recently purchased a second hand piper cub 1/4 scale (me thinks) with the following servos.
Hitech 545BB 5 pole, MS II Servo Best NR 65090, Muultiplex europa BB Best NR 65070. He needs a reciever and transmitter to suit these servos. I'd appreciate any advice knowing they are older types and any pointers to where he might aquire a compatible reciever/transmitter set. Errrrrr as you can guess I know not much about servos.

Thanks

Ben
Old 09-19-2015, 09:22 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

These servos are modern enough to work with most any radio produced within the last 25 years. You may want to check the connectors to see if they match Futaba "J" or "JR" connectors as sometimes a previous owner will change them to suit whatever system they have at the time and there is a slight possibility that was something odd. If you can send us a good photo of them we may be able to help you.
It's very likely a budget new or used RC system can be found to suit your friend's needs. Local modelers can be most helpful and worth locating.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:51 AM
AussieIcarus

Thanks heaps for your advice. Will check connector type and get back to you with a picture if I cannot clarify the type. My neighbour will be delighted as he feared the technology may be outdated.
Thanks again for your reply.

Hope all is well your way of the world

Cheers Ben