Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Jeti DS-14 / DS-16 Radios

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:44 AM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeti DS-14 / DS-16 Radios

I've always loved the looks of this radio and close to buying one but I have recently notice a lot of these radios are up for sale. I see more on the RCGROUPS than I do here. Also I see at least 2 or three a month on Ebay - WHY. Can anyone shed and light on the performance of these systems. How is the programming? Like every Radio manufacturer states "the programming is simple" - I have yet to find a radio that is simple. Would like to here from anyone with knowledge of the performance, in the field, as well as programming of these radios - thanks, Steven
Old 09-26-2015, 03:37 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
Maybe people will upgrade to the new Jeti DC-24 that is released soon and then sell their present DS-/DC-16?

WhenYou ask about performance - the DC-/DS-16 radio is one of the most anvanced radios out there so that sould probably be to satisfaction for most people. I do not know what You would include in the word performance but things like range, resolution, battery time on TX, signal reliability and so on should not be anything to worry about on such Jeti radios. The Jeti radios is rather proven by now.
Programming: I think whatever radio You are used to program and then switch to another brand it will be a learning curve and I would not worry to much about that part.
I use Futaba (14MZ) myself but have followed Jeti radio introductions over the years and they seems to be a very capable series of radios.
If You have Jeti as an alternative I suppose You have looked at the DC-24 also?
Good luck with radio choice.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 09-26-2015 at 03:40 PM.