Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Voltage drop and the dreaded "Brownout" , What's really at fault ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Voltage drop and the dreaded "Brownout" , What's really at fault ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 04:34 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rcyoucando
Thanks I will do that

Can the receivers be updated if necessary?
Yes. If you have "oldest" (pre v1.6 AR6100) they can be updated to the "better" version. The "latest" version is actually only available in certain hardware, and not all receivers are capable.

If you have a DSMX receiver, it will do DSM2 in the "better" or "latest" mode depending on hardware. Of course it will also do DSMX, which will reconnect in just a few ms but doesn't indicate power failure.

If you have some ancient receivers, you can send them to Service to update. Start here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...service-center

Andy
Old 10-09-2015, 04:07 AM
rcyoucando

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will start doing the test described and then send them in for possible updates.

I have a DX18QQ and a DX18gen 2 Does this make any difference?

thanks
Old 10-09-2015, 05:28 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

No

When you bind it will chose the best protocol that's available unless you force it to use DSM2 for some reason.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:50 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

top gun winner has truly built and designed some amazing aircraft, I am blown away by the pictures of the full scale aircraft and the proven testing.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:08 PM
RGDuncan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now i'm learning, Just restarted after a 18 year layoff, went sailing, flew for 25 yrs. been flying for 1 yr and just crashed my hg 9 cub after the radio stopped working. We field stripped the pile of wood and reconnected the radio components. the Life battery (4000 milamp) was still good and radio range checked good, One other flyer had a glitch with the same system. I had flown this system for 1 year. I've ordered a newer model receiver for the next plane. because of our location I'm guessing a higher power 2.4 signal jam. Care to make any guesses and insight would be nice. thanks.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:21 AM
TOPGUN WINNER
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i tried to tell people what the problem was but Horizon Hobbies put a stop to it...Mine no longer crash unless I have the servos and Rx on the same battery. IF YOU FLY SPEKTRUM YOU WILL HAVE A BROWN OUT...IF YOU FLY JR OR FUTABA YOU WILL NOT HAVE A BROWN OUT. I AM NOW FLYING SPEKTRUM SO I FIX IT.

I can not afford a "SMART-FLY" FOR A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLARS SO I GO TO SERVO CITY AND FOR $28 I CAN HAVE A SAFE GAS OR NITRO AIRPLANE.

IF YOU REALLY WANT HELP,

EMAIL: formula2 @windstream.net