Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

***********DO NOT BUY SPektrum Products From MOtion RC****************************

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

***********DO NOT BUY SPektrum Products From MOtion RC****************************

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 08:55 AM
Raghu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***********DO NOT BUY SPektrum Products From MOtion RC****************************

Hello Pilots

I have hada really bad experience today after spending $3000 at MOTIONRC
The products included SPektrum DX18 Gen 2 which ended up DOA switch on arrival yesterday

MOtion RC wants me to spend more money to ship it back to Horizon Hobby to repair a brand new product which was faulty

MOtion Rc will not replace it as according to the chat with a customer support member i wastold that horizon hobby has a set a limit for replacements at $50 which is a no brainer

Please do not buy Spektrum products from Motion rc & buy them direct from Horizon Hobby as their customer support is horrible in relation to returns

Chat session

MRC Customer Support
Customer Service

Chat started

leela
Order #136287

Spektrum DX18 is faulty
switch ' H ' is not working at all guys
i would like to know what are my options here

MRC Customer Support joined the chat

MRC Customer Support
for a faulty radio you will need to contact Horizon hobbies they do all the repairs and replacements on them. Here is their number 888 959-2305
Thank you for contacting Motion RC Support. While Motion RC is authorized to make the vast majority of warranty decisions on behalf of Horizon Hobby, the replacement cost of your warranted item exceeds the threshold set by the manufacturer and requires extra authorization.contact Horizon directly and they will handle the warranty process directly. Their number is: 877-504-0233.While Horizon will have the final say as to how to proceed with this issue.
let me know if you need further assistance

leela
well i would understand if it was used

but i have received the product last night only & it is DOA

MRC Customer Support

unfortunately HH has a 50$ limit for us to do replacement products. They will not approve us for a replacement over that price range. They will have you send the radio to them for them to look at or replace this is their guidelines we have to stick to sorry for this

leela
so what u r saying is i should not buy HH products from u & go direct to HH in future as you guys do not take returns for faulty products

I have just ordered from you guys & you have already started to set a bad example of not poor customer support

MRC Customer Support

no its the fact that HH will not allow us to do replacement parts over 50$ that is their policy with us and any other vendor that deals with them. again sorry for this

leela
well i should say you are wrong as i had an issue with a receiver from another online store & it was $220 , which was returned & replaced promptly

Its very strange to hear from you guys that HH wont allow you take returns for faulty products

MRC Customer Support

I can call them and give them your number to contact you with this issue if you would like me too

leela
I will contact them regarding the issue & mind you i have had good customer support with other vendors & am not happy with the support you guys have given me

MRC Customer Support
i am willing to call them for you and get them involved on this that is not a problem I just have to go with what they tell me to do

leela
i understand the situation but its very disappointing that you guys done replace the HH products over the set value

As i am in USA for few more weeks only i am not pleased to be in this situation & your manager knows about the situation as well

MRC Customer Support
As I said I would love to do this but they have the final say on this. On that switch did you assign this to the channel that you want to use it for like for gear you have to assign a switch to it before it will allow that switch to work for that channel your trying to use

leela
i cannot use the switch at all as it is not functional in any way , i cannot assign it to any channel & have checked it in every way

i have checked all the switches & everything is functional except Switch ' H '

MRC Customer Support

I am looking into what I can do for you my manager is not in yet so I can ask will be with you asap

leela
sure

MRC Customer Support
we will contact horizon and will be in touch with you on your email that you sent us T132014 by no later than tomorrow

leela
Thank you

i am not happy after spending $3000 & $850 on a transmitter it ends up DOA & i am forced to spend more money on shipping to get it fixed which i am not really happy about it
just to let u guys know
will wait for you reply

Like Comment Share

Comments

Write a comment...
Old 10-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is typically how warranty or repair inquiries are handled by any manufacturer, Motion RC is just a retailer. The same applies to Hitec RCD / Multiplex USA products. It is not up to the individual retailer to handle warranty or repair related claims, this is entirely up to the manufacturer of the equipment. Contact Horizon if you want to get the issue resolved, they will help you.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:22 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

+1, Xpress. You are spot on.

Leela - you don't say where you're from, but I'll assume the USA or Canada since you bought from Motion. Click on this link and follow the instructions.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...service-center

Andy
Old 07-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Viper Guy

Yeah, don't send back a high dollar plane like I did to Motion, they get really upset and refund your money so they don't have to pay for shipping.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:29 AM
E-Challenged

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MRC is one of the better US hobby retailers. Not surprised that they must follow contractual agreements on returns and repairs with manufacturers. Understand your disappointment but many products must be returned to manufacturer for diagnosis, repair or replacement at the manufacturer's discretion. What if Motion sent you a replacement and it also had a defect? . It does irk me to have to pay shipping cost back to the manufacturer or retailer .
Old 07-26-2016, 06:58 PM
Viper Guy

It's just sad that they seem to play far too many games with their customers at Motion; I even went as far as to ask an exclusive distributor to Motion to consider branching out to other US hobby shops.