Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Troubleshooting Rustler w/ Mamba Max Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 10:43 AM
flo7002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshooting Rustler w/ Mamba Max Pro

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue w/ my Rustler. I have an Mamba max Pro ESC and motor on it right now. All the other electronics are stock. Last time I used it was running fine. Played with it for about an hour, then I turned it off and forgot to unplug the battery for an hour or two. When I turned it back on, it started acting up. Here's what happening.

I turn on the remote then the ESC, seems to connect, but the led on the ESC still flashes yellow. Throttle back and forward works ok initially, but when I try the steering, sometimes the wheels move really slow, other times they don't move at all, then all the leds start flashing on the ESC, and the green LED on the LINK receiver turns from green to red or even off.

I also tried the stock ESC and motor with similar results. I turn on the ESC and connects to the remote. I have throttle forwards/back but when I try the steering, the ESC just shuts down.

At this point, I'm wondering if it's the steering servo, or the LINK signal receiver that's gone bad? Or could it be something else that's causing the problems based on what I've described? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-02-2015, 05:26 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by flo7002
... Last time I used it was running fine. Played with it for about an hour, then I turned it off and forgot to unplug the battery for an hour or two. When I turned it back on, it started acting up.
I'm assuming you took the battery out and charged it up before using it again. Right?
Old 11-02-2015, 05:38 AM
RustyUs

I don't think there is anything wrong with the ESC. The Mamba Max Pro flashing a yellow LED is normal when you turn on the ESC. It would be the red LED on the receiver that would bother me, 'cause in my RCs this means I've lost the binding between the transmitter and receiver.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:57 AM
RustyUs

The symptoms sound like a dead battery used in your RC.
What type of batteries are you using to power your Rustler?

I don't mean anything by saying; start from the beginning with a fully charged battery, and try again. It's just that in your OP, you never said anything about trying another battery, or using a fully charged one.