Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Looking for a good Radio system around $50

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 07:10 PM
theguitar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good Radio system around $50

Hey everyone!

So a little over a year ago I built an awesome 60 size trainer. For a while I used a radio system that could not handle the full power of a 2s lipo on the receiver. For this purpose, I was using a voltage limiter. The limiter recently failed (luckily not in the air) and I'm looking for a better solution.

I need a radio system that is,
Suitable for a plane of this size (.61 engine, 70" wingspan)
Can have a 2s lipo plugged directly into the receiver
and preferably could be programmed for an engine cut toggle.

My Budget is about $50

I have been looking at these
Fly-Sky CT6B
Fly-Sky T6

My main problem right now is that these radios come with the FS R6B receiver and I have no idea of the input voltage.

Has anyone used these radios or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank You,
theguitar
Old 01-11-2016, 09:49 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Before going any further, I would recommend reading the following thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...ng-sounds.html
Old 01-11-2016, 01:29 PM
theguitar

Ahh thank you good point, my servos are only rated for six volts. Maybe I should stay away from LiPo.... Do you guys think that a LiFe 6.6 volt would also damage my servos?

Basically I have a beautiful .61 plane that I haven't flown in way too long because of this. Right now I have a cheap blitzrc system from some park flyer and the receiver is rated at 4.8 volts. Would you recommend that I find a 4.8 volt power source for that or upgrade to a nicer radio with a receiver that can take around six volts?

Of these options, what kind of battery should I use?

Thanks a ton fellas.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:32 PM
theylmun

I highly recommend the fly-sky or turnigy (exactly the same). the turnigy receivers as shown here http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Receiver.html

has an input voltage of 6.6 volts max so I am not sure how long term the 2s will be for that receiver. BTW, I range tested several receivers and they all came out great. This radio has throttle cut as well.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:53 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

I think I would go with the receiver theylmun recommends, stay with the lipos and get a really quality BEC. I recommend the Castle 10A, which I have used a lot.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:11 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

I have most of my Aircraft batteries converted to 2s LiFe packs, no BEC and no problems in any of my planes from a sport .40 using Futaba s-148's up to a 77" w/s Edge 540 running Hi torque Non digital Hitec Servos!! I absolutely love my LiFe packs, and won't look back!

I have some Zippy packs from Hobby King that I have had no issues with in more than 2 years of use, I also have some A123 systems packs that I have had no issues wit either!

Craig.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:53 PM
theguitar

So i'm thinking that I will get a nice little LiFe battery and a new radio system. I found out the voltage inputs for these systems listed and they handle the LIFe battery voltage. I'm wondering what you guys think.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-106-fs-i6-6ch-remote.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html

theylmun, i know you mentioned the fly sky radios have you tested these?
Old 02-01-2016, 02:34 PM
theguitar

Hey everybody, Im thinking that ill go ahead and buy this for my nitro plane

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-106-fs-i6-6ch-remote.html

ill have a 6.6 volt battery running to this reciever and then to my 5 non digital 6v rated servos. I know the battery has more than the servos intake voltage but I have heard a lot of people say this is okay.

Should i go ahead with this plan?
Old 02-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Servos that have a 6.0v rating can handle a fully charged 5 cell NiXX battery which is in excess of 7v. The have a 6.0v rating so you know how the servo will perform when it is putting a load on the battery.