Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

*newbie* Flight pacs as expensive as a new radio??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

*newbie* Flight pacs as expensive as a new radio??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 12:10 AM
99GrandTouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *newbie* Flight pacs as expensive as a new radio??

I've been out of the loop for quite a while now and come back into the hobby simply amazed! Almost every radio is a computer radio, the plugs are all the same now (really nice) and now digital servos have unbelievable amounts of torque....

Something I'm shocked at though is this, I have a JR421EX radio I got in a arf combo, I am putting together a 2M glider and was thinking about getting a flightpac to use in it because the 421EX has a 2 model memory..

I can get a complete 421EX with 2-241 servos, battery and all for $159 where as if I go with the flightpac I have to get the battery pack sperately as well as a switch harness and its only a couple $ cheaper??
Seems to me it would be best to go ahead and get another 421EX and have a spare radio???
Am I looking on the wrong websites to get this stuff or is this right???
Old 09-26-2003, 12:17 AM
Lynx

Default RE: *newbie* Flight pacs as expensive as a new radio??

Make sure you're comparing servo's with similar stats, you may be looking at servo's that are twice as powerfull as the one's you have.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:22 AM
99GrandTouring

Well I'm comparing this
http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...Prod=JRP5217**
This has battery pack and switch harness

Compared to this
http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...p?prod=JRPF640
This one you still need to buy battery pack $20 and switch harness...

The recievers and servos look the same, and same #'s unless I'm overlooking something??

Should that setup/servos be fine for a 2 Meter glider, also I want to use the same type of servo for spoilers will they be sufficient?
Old 09-26-2003, 01:47 AM
FOD MAN

Many of the new transmitter's you see on ebay is because of this. the cost of a futaba flight pack and receiving chrystal is close to the cost of the lower priced transmitter sets. then they turn around and sell charger,radio, servo tray ect. and get a good price for it. really makes a lot of good sense if you are trying to keep costs down.