Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6axs flaps programing ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 01:23 AM
rcFp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6axs flaps programing ?

i would like to use flaps on my landing final approach
the 6axs has several options and i would like know which one should i use :
1) flaps down mix - using the knob to move the flaps to a new position (up/down)
2) elevator -> flaps mix.
2) flaps -> elevator mix

which of them is right to use as flaps.
(option one seem a bit inconvenient and i would Rather use a switch instead)

thanks
Old 09-26-2003, 05:02 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 6axs flaps programing ?

rc,
you need to use the flaps as flaps, using the dial. that's what its intended for, so you can lower it gradually.

an elevator-to-flap mix would increase flap as you increase elevator and,conversely, asyou release the elevator on your landing the flaps would also come out.

flap-to-elevator is so when you turn the flap dial, since it causes ballooning, the radio will automatically put in a little down elevator to counteract it.

sorry, 6X doesnt offer an easy way to do flaps on a switch, at least that i can think of right now. (i've not used a 6X in the 9 months since i left hobbico, so i could be mistaken.)
Old 09-26-2003, 05:24 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

The easiest way that I've found to use the flaps on a switch is to run the flaps servo to the gear channel and voila, you have flaps on a switch (kinda like a jalapeno on a stick, but not quite ) The only problem with this is you either are full on or full off, no adjusting. Plus, it's a little harder to program the elevator into the flap usage.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:42 AM
rcFp

i understand that i have to use the knob to control flaps but i could not figure out from the answers what is the purpose of
1) elevator ->flaps mix
2) flaps->elevator mix
can they be used as flaps as well.
could someone please explain the use of those two mixes

thanks
Old 09-29-2003, 08:12 AM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

I believe this is how it goes:

Elevator to Flap mix: When you give elevator input, you get a preset amount of flaps mixed in.

Flap to Elevator mix: When you give flap input, you get a preset amount of elevator mixed in (to keep the plane from ballooning)

These are not like the Flaperon setting that makes the ailerons "act" like flaps. The are just modifications to using flaps.

If I'm wrong, someone kindly correct me for this person.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Mike Ledbetter

elevator to flap mix--pulling back on the stick adds a small amount of flaps, for really really tight turns, like for pylon racing.

flap to elevator mix--adding flaps also adds a little down elevator, keeps the plane from pitching up when you add flaps.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:21 PM
BobPhx

You can also use the Airbrake function to get your flaps to work on a switch. On the 6xas, the Airbrake includes a 6-2 mix to prevent balooning. Enable the Flap Trim function, and the knob works too. So, you can have your cake and eat it too :-)